Thread: PowerPoint 2003 files get corrupted after Windows Update

PowerPoint 2003 files get corrupted after Windows Update

My PC is currently running with Windows XP. Yesterday I have installed the latest Windows updates. After the completion of update I have noticed that Power Point 2003 files get corrupted. Yes, I am talking about .ppt files. Whenever I try to open these files I am getting some kind of error message saying that PowerPoint was not capable to show a few of the text, images, otherwise objects like slides inside the file (name) for the reason that they have turn out to be corrupt. Exaggerated slides have been restored by empty slides within the presentation and it is not probable to recuperate vanished data. Does anybody know about this thing?

Re: PowerPoint 2003 files get corrupted after Windows Update

To resolve this trouble, you should uninstall the update "Security Update for Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2003 (KB2464588)." In support of Windows 7, go to Control Panel> Programs and Features. Into the left panel, click "View installed updates." Afterward gaze for the update, choose it, and afterward click "Uninstall" on the peak of the window. Intended for Windows XP, open Control Panel >Programs and Features. At the top, click on top of "Show updates" and hang around a minute. Afterward look for the update - choose it, afterward click "Delete" close to the right surface. You might need to put in the Genuine Office 2003 CD to uninstall the update.

Corrupted or damaged documents are different from the normal behavior of others, for example, infinite repagination, format and design document incorrect, unreadable characters on the screen, error messages during the process, system crashes when you load or view the document or any other unusual behavior that cannot be attributed to the normal operation of the program. The easiest way to do this is to use the "Retrieve Document" in Microsoft Office programs is found in the file menu, and then going to Open ... in the dialog box select the file has been damaged after select Open and Repair after you save the document open and ready again.

There are also some programs that help us recover our corrupt Office files, I found not one expert in this free, the OppenOffice works well in most cases and is free, a few others are: MS Office File Recovery Software, costs $ 69 and transport utilities for example MS Word Recovery, MS Excel Recovery, Recovery MS Access, MS PowerPoint Recovery as well as MS Publisher Recovery. WordFIX is a program to recover and repair MS Word files.

Microsoft Word automatically utilizes the Open and Repair attribute if it notices an issue within a document to untie it. On the other hand, you can create Word employ the Open and Repair aspect in order to open whichever document. This can be particularly helpful if you plan to save the document into a dissimilar file format. If you save a spoiled document within a dissimilar file format might not be capable to open it.

A supported hotfix is obtainable from Microsoft. On the other hand, this hotfix is planned to correct merely the issues that are described for this issue. If the file is really corrupted and cannot be recovered in any manner then I don’t think that you will get any help with the restore utilities in order to fix this issue. Furthermore once again run the Windows updates hoping that this time you will get that the hotfix which you have been looking for.

You can make use of Remo Repair PowerPoint and fix this issue in just a matter of few minutes. It happens to be the safest repair tool for PowerPoint files.