Thread: How to block website using Website blocker?

How to block website using Website blocker?

Can anyone recommend a website blocker for Windows XP that makes all of the following:
    - Block sites at certain times of day with flexible options.
    - Must be able to have different settings for different users (shared PC)
    - It cannot be easily disabled.
    - No bloatware.
    I know I can set my own proxy, but I have time for this ATM.

re: How to block website using Website blocker?

OpenDNS is a levelheaded job to be check for certain sites, like pron, gambling, drugs, games, etc, other than will know how to be domain-specific white As Xbox Live, etc it is not incredible at the same time as specific as OP requested. The best solution would upgrade to Windows 7 and the establishment of user account control. Still no video reach places with a simple "yes, I'm 18 years" button as Daily Motion, etc. Apparently.

I presume this is for children. In my Linux box to identify different access intended for each family member and subsequently make use of the Procom Latte stupid person's name) in the Firefox plug-in accounts of children. Not just the thing, but it is straightforward to make bring into play of and workings well for my 6 and 8 years old. It works in the midst of white lists, black or immediately the content filtering.

I wish to do something to boundary the make use of of Facebook and other sites "recreational" at the same time as boys are hypothetical to be responsibility homework or reconsideration of the exams. I'm not looking in favor of total blocks in convinced places all time. That's straightforward to do. I would like to be in charge of access for certain periods of moment in time only think application is called website blocker.

I wish to do the same thing for my kids I l don’t want to block all websites .i like to block certain website .after doing lot of research on the same topic I found out couple of programs than can help us to block certain website .This programs are designed in such manner that they will only block those website and will allow you to surf other website properly .They have multiple setting feature. They have custom filtering mode. Automatic filtering mode and keyword based filtering mode.There are lot of company which produce website blocking tool ie Symantec , McAfee, quick heal etc

Re: How to block website using Website blocker?

If this is a shared computer, why the "No, you cannot go on Facebook waiting you've done your training.
    I be acquainted with this is not a answer for you now, other than have been investigating certain routers that have blocks of time can be set for certain IP Xboxes blocking or iPod touch children at night while devices permit access from parents. My children are not at all in this stage, but in a couple of years when the oldest determination needs its own PC / laptop will certainly go that route.

Re: How to block website using Website blocker?

Observe if your router is support by dd-wrt. I put my router to use opendns and after that make use of the opendns settings to obstruct certain types of site. I can also set exact sites (like facebook) and precise software (like skype) in the router and obstruct them from exacting machines. You will be able to perform this by occasion so, for example, I obstruct facebook and skype from 6pm to 8pm on my sons machine when has hypothetical to be doing his homework. You can also obstruct dns traffic from pcs so user can’t go around the opendns settings on the router by setting their own dns addresses on the pcs.