Thread: Not able to have outlook preview on Excel 2007.

Not able to have outlook preview on Excel 2007.

Hi I have been working on Microsoft Excel 2007 from past many years but from past few days I am having certain problem with it, as whenever I try to preview any Microsoft Excel attachment file it launches a new Excel window, and after that places the spreadsheet back into the email preview area, and leaves the Excel window blank. I am not able to figure it out what is the exact problem with it! Please help.

Re: Not able to have outlook preview on Excel 2007.

I even I am having the similar problem, as whenever I receive any of Excel attachments file and I try to open the attachment file from Outlook itself the main Excel application also gets open automatically to view the file without giving any command to open it, and when I close the original file the main Excel application doesn’t get closed! Does anyone have any idea to how to stop this

I would like to ask some questions to you so that I can help you in a better way. Can you please tell me that the problem which you are facing is it with all attachments? Or its just with the Excel attachment file? And what all options are you able to see on the screen when you right-click on the attachment to view it? Please get back to me with the answers so that I can help you more better.

Thank you so much for your quick reply I appreciate it. Answering to your questions, the problem is not with other attachments, the problem occurs only with the Microsoft Excel attachments file where as I am able to outlook other files properly and even no problems with other Microsoft files. I have noticed that whenever I click on the attachment it gets launched to a new window of excel.exe. However, it works proper with other attachments.

I think that there is something wrong with Excel file that is been blocked when it is being run from any temp location. Have you tried opening those attachments from any other computer? As it may be that that any file on your computer must have got file be corrupted so kindly do a virus scan and reinstall Microsoft Excel application.

Hi I had this issue long back while opening my excel attachments files, this issue was then solved. The actual problem occurs if you have installed the beta release version of the 2007 Office suite, which also runs a beta release version of Windows Vista, they were than upgraded to original release versions that were working well. So try out the new beta version and see if it works.

You can follow the following procedure and solve your problem.

• Click on the Start menu and
    • Click on All Programs,
    • Select Accessories and right-click Command
    Prompt, and select Run as administrator.
    • Submit your administrator password and click on Continue.
    Type the following and press ENTER key “regsvr32 %SystemRoot%\system32\actxprxy.dll”
    • After hitting ENTER key you will receive a message, and click OK: DllRegisterServer in
    actxprxy.dll succeeded.
    This will do it all, good luck.