Thread: Require MKV (+DTS/FLAC/AC3) player for android

Require MKV (+DTS/FLAC/AC3) player for android

I am having some of the video files that are in my Android phone. I found that SGS or some other devices can play the mkv files but they won’t play flac audio. There are rock player and the mobo player that can play the mkv files but only with the software decoding. So I can’t find 720/1080p movies to get it played. So is there any player that can play all my mkv files along with the flac, AC3 audio?

Re: Require MKV (+DTS/FLAC/AC3) player for android

I have searched for mkv player and I got many of the players. But, lastly I came up with the Dice player. This is the third party player that will be accelerated. It has many features including support for the flac, AC3, and also the dts audio. And also it has MKV container support and HW accelerated videos. It has the specification that supports all the AVI, MP4 and also H.264, and mp3, AC3 files. So I think this is the great player.

I have found one from the Android market and found that I have the arcMedia video player. This application is made for the Android Operating System which will play all your mkv, Divx and also wmv and many other formats. But it seems that arcMedia player has changed its name very long back. I had brought this player long back and now it seems that many other companies running with the same name.

Earlier I was using the RockPlayerBase player for running my AVI, Divx, RMVB on my Android player. It allows the Android 2.1 handset to play all these files. It supports many of the devices that are running on the Android. And I am running this on my HTC Desire running Froyo 2.2 which I have found it great. It is a very good experience to view videos through this player.