Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HTC sync shows no device connected

HTC sync shows no device connected

Hello friends I am using HTC evo mobile and my mobile is working fine. Some days before I have installed HTC sync in my computer but after that when I connect my mobile with my Computer through USB cable at that time it says no device connected. Now please tell me what I should do to fix this problem. I have tried to solve this problem by restarting the computer but after that also it is showing me the same problem.

Re: HTC sync shows no device connected

I think there might be something wrong with your USB data cable which are you are using to connect your mobile with your computer. According to me you should first try to connect your mobile with your computer with by using different USB cable and after that check whether your computer is detecting the mobile or not. I hope this information will be helpful to you.

I think you should try to connect your mobile after disabling your firewall in your computer. Sometimes if we connect any USB device in computer our firewall may block that connection for some security reason and because of that we get this kind of issue with our computer. I think you should first disable the firewall and after that doing that try to connect your mobile with your computer. I think after doing this trick you will be able to connect your mobile and you will be able to use HTC sync with your computer.

I have gone through your issue and I think you should first try to connect your mobile with different computer or laptop and after that check whether you are facing the same problem with that computer or laptop. If you get the same problem with that computer or laptop then I think there might be something wrong with your mobile or USB data cable and if you are able to connect to your HTC evo with that computer or laptop then I think you need to check your computer setting first.

If you are facing the same problem after trying above solution then I think you should first try to connect your mobile with in mass storage mode and after that check whether you are able to use your mobile phone as disk drive or not if you are able to connect the phone with computer as disk drive then it means your computer USB drivers is ok and your mobile phone is also ok but you need to reinstall the HTC sync in your computer. I hope after that you will not face this issue.

Thank you so much for giving me all helpful replies but after trying above tricks also I am still getting the same problem. I have tried to check other mobile with my computer and other mobile is connecting perfectly with mi computer. I have also tried to solve this issue by doing factory reset data but that trick also didn’t make any difference for me. I am not able to use my mobile ion mass storage mode also. Now please tell me how to connect my mobile with my computer? Is there anything wrong with my phone?

As you have said that you are not able to solve this problem by trying so many tricks then I think you should try to solve this issue by updating your mobile software. I think after updating your mobile software you wull be able to connect your mobile with your computer. If that idea didn’t give you any result then I think you should contact HTC service center and after that you have to ask for t he solution regarding your problem and after that they will give you solution for that.

On your HTC device go to
    "settings"
    Find "Connect to PC"
    Open "Default connection type"
    make sure you select "HTC Sync"

Well people, my USB cable is original and it allows me to see the HTC phone files on the computer but the fact of the matter is that I still have the same problem no sync can be completed...

Quote Originally Posted by dureman2000 View Post
    Well people, my USB cable is original and it allows me to see the HTC phone files on the computer but the fact of the matter is that I still have the same problem no sync can be completed...
    Have you tried to disable tf3d (start/settings/personal/today/elements and untick tf3d) during sync and checked if that has worked for you or not. If your Syncing from outlook, then make a subfolder under contacts and put copy a few contacts in it. Now configure active sync to sync only the contacts subfolder under contacts. See if that works.

sad Re: HTC sync shows no device connected

Thank you for your concern and response, however I am not that proficient and do not understand the sequence for tf3d that you provided. Also I don't know how can syncing be done using outook

Quote Originally Posted by dureman2000 View Post
    Thank you for your concern and response, however I am not that proficient and do not understand the sequence for tf3d that you provided. Also I don't know how can syncing be done using outook
    You need to check before syncing for the first time, please ensure that USB Debugging is turned on in MENU > Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging. If still not able to synchronize please download the latest driver and HTC Sync software from the Support section at htc official website.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Thanks but..........debugging is ON all the time and I have the latest HTC Sync version...and still the device cannot be detected

I have just started getting the same problem. My HTC Desire S used to sync fine - until I tried it today.

Now the HTC Sync software on the desktop says "No device connected". The HTC itself says "Unable to find HTC Sync on your PC". I tried two cables, and I updated the HTC Sync version: no difference.

If I choose to mount as a disk drive, I can access the HTC, so I think it is not a cable/connection issue. I have tried with my firewall and my AV program disabled. Again, no difference.

The only thing I can think of is that 3 days ago - I think after my most recent successful sync - installed the latest Microsoft security updates (I am on Win XP). That seems like an obvious candidate.

Any ideas?

My case is identical to HTC in HK. I shall add that my phone is a My Touch Slide 3G from T-Mobile...don't know if that has anything to do with the issue.
    It is not a matter of defective USB cablilng, that I know for sure...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast