Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HTC sync shows no device connected

Re: HTC sync shows no device connected

I've just gone through the process of rolling back all of the Windows updates that I was able to, which means all of the Windows-specific ones, but only some of the Office updates. Some Office updates could not be uninstalled.

When I couldn't reverse the Office updates, I tried to do a System Restore back to the day before updates. System Restore said that it hadn't actually changed anything, and when I checked, the Office updates were still there.

I then uninstalled the updated HTC Sync software (which I didn't expect to be the issue), and installed my original version of HTC Sync. That also made no difference.

So the outcome is: I still can't sync my contacts with Outlook, which is causing real problems. Next step will be to try it on a Vista PC, but that isn't a solution, since I rarely use that machine.

One more from me: I installed HTC Sync on a Vista machine - again one where I could access the HTC as a disk drive.

Once again, HTC Sync couldn't detect the phone, and the phone couldn't detect HTC Sync.

I'm now left wondering what, if anything, I have changed in the phone that would have led to this. Nothing comes to mind.

OK Folks, I got it and will pass the word along.
    First: You need to have the current update of HTC Sync version 3.2.10 and the latest Android software update like Froyo 2.2
    Second: The secret is to reboot your PC and connect your phone device before the PC starts up so the antivirus cannot block the Sync program.
    Third: Another option is to open firewall configuration and include HTC in the list of allowed programs.
    Beware...! Make sure that on your phone you have selected the Sync connection option when connecting it to PC
    That's all there is...! I did both and now everything is working smooth
    Hope this wd help some-1
    If the rpoblem persists...then contact HTC Support 866-449-8358
    Last edited by dureman2000; 20-04-2012 at 05:00 AM. Reason: Additional Info

Thanks dureman2000 - that worked.

One thing I would add is that, after doing it once, I can now plug it in at any point without needing to worry about AV/firewalls, and it works just as it used to. (And I hadn't gone as far as your 3rd option of changing my firewall configuration.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12