Thread: In which manner Gnome 3 is beating Ubuntu Unity?

In which manner Gnome 3 is beating Ubuntu Unity?

I am a Linux user from past couple of days. Recently I have installed Ubuntu 11.04 on the computer of mine. well I wanted to know what would be the output in case I am using Gnome 3 with the Ubuntu Unity? So let me know the speculation of yours on this particular matter. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: In which manner Gnome 3 is beating Ubuntu Unity?

Well after releasing of the ubuntu 11.04 we would have the defult desktop as a Unity. i think Gnome 3 shell have been out from the scene. As far as I know most of the Gnome based distributions are having the classic Gnome and they are working fine with all the version of ubuntu. However I have noticed that the Ubuntu 11.04 and Gnome 3 are having performance issue with each other. But still you are wanted to use Gnome 3 then you need to wait for the releasing of the Fedora 15.

I have already installed Gnome 3 on the computer of mine and even I have went to the early stages and loved the look and feel of Gnome 3. I have also noticed that the Unity is also having great look and feel. However I have noticed lots of issue with the Unity itself. Gnome 3 is having an ablity to migrate towards the libraries. This particular advantage should be taken by while using Unity. you can have the launcher and the pager when you are moving your mouse on the upper side left corner screen of the desktop of yours.

It is well known that the Gnome 3 us lacking the configuration. However it is having the sleek and efficient look and feel. You will have the same thing if you have installed Unity on the computer of yours. by that time I let you know you will not suffer from the random crashes and frustrating behavior menu of Gnome 3. Also you can have lots features on the Gnome 3 which would make superior Gnome 3 over the Unity.

The main feature of the Gnome 3 is that it is having great search functionality. You can launch the search window by moving the mouse on the upper left corner or simply hitting by Alt and F1 from the keyboard. Now you should enter the string which you wanted to search on the computer of yours. Personally I am happy with look and feel of the Gnome 3 and I would like to use the same on the Linux based system of mine.

You should not think that the Gnome 3 is a revision version of previous version of Gnome. I let you know that you will have the great feature in this particular Gnome 3. The developer of Gnome have developed extremely speed and reliable desktop. It has blown Ubuntu unity at all. So you should installed Gnome 3 on the desktop of the system of yours.