Thread: Virtualdub codecs to play AVI files

Virtualdub codecs to play AVI files

May perhaps somebody assist me to dig up the codecs I require to make use of virtualdub more often than not avi files? There look like to be regarding 8000 options. Right now the problem is I cannot open the AVI files. IS there any particular codecs that meant for to open and play AVi files or videos? Now I mostly use avi format because my mobile support these files and the video clarity is very good in it.

Re: Virtualdub codecs to play AVI files

VirtualDub is to be used for various purposes, for example, a large video file into several parts in order to burn them to CDs. It does not take very much to any software or technical equipment in order to split an AVI file. You should install the new version of VirtualDub , and a current DivX codec installed, and you have plenty of free hard disk space. Then you can start already. Open VirtualDub and then the desired video file by selecting among them using the File Open video file ... menu. VirtualDub showing the film now on the main window.

I don’t think that you should hunt for the codecs for virtualdub in order to play and open the avi files. The only thing you have to do in your computer is you have to install ffdshow:
    • First of all lose virtualdub
    • Go to ffdshow official website.
    • Download the most up-to-date edition that indicate "stable"
    • Check good integration with virtualdub during installation! Check for that matter on the next page to extend to all programs in the future.
    • Open again and drag the video virtualdub xvid

As far as I know that this ffdshow codec is legal to decode Xvid (and DivX, and H.264), with, for example, Virtualdub. Now the error is to identify Virtualdub Xvid file as if it were a file VFW (Video for Windows) renamed to Xvid. It is actually illegal to decode a file VFW (and containers WMV, WMA, WDM and WMD), except with a program such as Microsoft Windows Movie Maker (free with a legal version of windows).

When I would like to unlock an avi file I have a message that informs "Could not situate decompressor for format ' XVID '(unidentified) VirtualDub needs a Video for Windows (VFW) companionable codec to decompress it. DirectShow codecs , for example Those Used through Windows Media Player , Not appropriate. Therefore I have downloaded and installed the DivX codec is a pack with VFW. In addition to the standard codec, you have at your disposal DivX Pro VFW Codec which allows reading and coding of files in DivX format in high definition, superior to standard file size but with a higher quality audio and video.

VirtualDub is a freeware software under the GPL that allows you to do some video editing functions. Built in 2001 and constantly updated over the years, VirtualDub has become very famous and appreciated for its simplicity of use, efficiency and functionality of the various conversion, extraction and modification, although it is not a program created for the professional user. It natively supports only AVI format, but some video codecs and installing some plug-ins created by the developer can handle any type of video file. Discover all the plug-in for VirtualDub!