Thread: Unable to extract .exe files from .rar file

Unable to extract .exe files from .rar file

Hello friends I am using DELL laptop in which I have installed windows vista and my computer was running fine. I am using AVG free edition antivirus in my laptop. From last few days I am facing one issue in my laptop. I have decided to install Comodo Firewall for Windows and I downloaded it from internet as it came in rar file. Now whenever I try to extract from rar file at that time all the files gets extracted except .exe file. Please tell what I should do to fix this.

Re: Unable to extract .exe files from .rar file

There might be something with your rar file which you have downloaded or something wrong with your winrar software. First of all you should check that whether you are facing this problem with that rar file only or you are having the same issue with other rar files also. if you have any other rar file in your system then I think you have to check that whether you are able to extract other rar files or not. I hope this information will be helpful to you.

If you are facing this problem with all rar files then I think your winrar is having some problem and you can fix this problem by uninstalling winrar from your system and after that installing it again in your laptop. Just check whether you are facing this problem after reinstalling the winrar or not. if you still facing the same problem after reinstalling the winrar then let me know so I can give you more solution according to that.

As you have said that you are running AVG antivirus in your laptop and you are not able to extract .exe file from your rar file then I think your antivirus is restricting your file. First disable your AVG antivirus and after that try to extract all files from your file because sometimes our antivirus does not allow us to extract .exe file as it detect as a virus. I hope this solution will fix your issue. If you want any more information regarding this then let me know.

I have tried to fix this issue by uninstalling winrar from my laptop and after that installing it again but after doing that also I am facing same problem. after that I have also tried to fix this problem by disabling my antivirus but after disabling antivirus when I try to extract files from that rar file at that time it says access denied" error. I don’t know what is wrong with this. I have also tried to solve this by downloading that rar file again but it end up with the same result. Please help to solve this.

I think you can solve this problem by turning off the UAC (User Account Control) in your laptop. You can turn off the UAC by doing following steps. First go to the control panel and after that click on the user account. Now after that you have to click on the Turn User Account Control off. You have to make sure that you have logged in to the laptop as an administrator. After disabling the UAC try to extract files and your problem will get solved.

I have gone through your problem and I think you should try to download the .exe file of your Comodo Firewall form internet directly and after that you will not face this problem in your laptop. If you want to download this file then you can download it by clicking here DOWNLAOD. After clicking on this link you have to select youe operating system which you are running in your laptop and after that download it and install it in your laptop. I hope this solution will fix this issue.