Thread: QuickTime Plug-in for Ubuntu 11.04

QuickTime Plug-in for Ubuntu 11.04

Hi, I’m using ubuntu Linux operating system. I had downloaded the QuickTime player for it but whenever I’m trying to install it is asking for QuickTime plug-in. anyone having same sort of problem. I had installed a mplayer and even movie player and later I had removed it and even totem. Anyone knows where I will get the plug-in for quick time or there is some other issue. Please share if anyone has solution for it.

Re: QuickTime Plug-in for Ubuntu 11.04

Even I was having the same problem just open Firefox in that go to preferences and click on Content and manage file types from there you will get information about the plug-in which has being installed then search for the plug-in using apt-cache search and then remove by making use of apt-get remove. Remove each plug-in one by one then after that install mplayer mozilla-mplayer and then restart the Firefox it will surely work.

I had search for your problem here I got the solution for it. You can even use this for older computer and it’s really work. First you just need to remove the codes from application and then go to add and remove and then select all the application and then click on apply and then install the plug-in and then go to yahoo movie trailer and then just check if you are able to see the video or no. if your problem doesn’t solve then try to search it on net.

With the help of plug-in you can display many media files in a web browser. There are many web browsers for Linux and most of the plug-in are of Netscape. Installed the plug-in and then restarted the browser so that all the information gets update about the new plug-in in browser. Usually plug-in are stored in system wide availability inside the Mozilla plugging. You can even get the help by searching for tutorial for it.

You can do this in few steps fisrt download the plugin and then create the you need to create a path you can do this with the help of terminal or by creating the installer after installing it you just need to remove the auto generated plugger configuration file which is located at the ~/.mozilla/firefox/pluginreg.dat ~/.mozilla/pluginreg.dat ~/.netscape/plugin-list after this restart the browser

To do this 1st close the browser after that delete the plug-in registry which is located in ~/.mozilla/firefox/ after deleting all those file they will be automatically get created when the system restart. After that remove the totem Mozilla plug-in after that you need to install media player after installing it will automatically install mplayer but before trying this make sure that your Firefox 4 is installed properly in your pc.