Thread: Flash 10.3.162.29 (64 bit) is not working properly with the Linux Ubuntu

Flash 10.3.162.29 (64 bit) is not working properly with the Linux Ubuntu

Flash 10.3.162.29 (64 bit) is functioning wrongly on Xvfb/Ubuntu Linux. For example, if I watch some videos in my system , the video is all "crushed" in a little part of the display. in addition to that, the colors are all messed up so it really becomes very much difficult to understand what exactly is going on with the video. I am using the Ubuntu 10.04 operating system and also I have given the version of the adobe in the title. So do let me know what is the problem here? Can you all please tell me about it. I am waiting for the suggestions.

Re: Flash 10.3.162.29 (64 bit) is not working properly with the Linux Ubuntu

Ok in this situation, you can do two things. firstly look out for the update for the video adapter drivers, it can be the main reason why you are getting such a lag while playing the video. So that can be the sole reason behing and also one more thing that I would like to say is if you are aware of the hardware accelerator then make sure that you turn it off. it will give you a better performance at that point of time. So try these two suggestions that I have given here and let’s hope that it will solve out the matter.

Thanks for the useful solution that you have given over here. Let me tell you that for your kind information Flash is only operational in Xvfb that way it is on a headless server. presently there is no hardware involved here only a software layer is present and it is named as Xvfb that emulate the hardware. Any one of you all know how will I be able to disable hardware acceleration from the command line? So anyone of you having any idea then do let me know about it. I am waiting for the solution from you all.

Well you must disable it from the bios it seems, so just press the F10 button during the start up and go to the graphics options and from there disable it. that’s what the solution is and hence the perfect suggestion for you. so hope you have got the necessary suggestion on the same. also if you still having some problem then do not worry much on the same try having a chat with the adobe people about the certain problem. You will be able to get the perfect solutions out of it.

Thanks a lot for the output that you have given here. Just let me inform you that the bios solution does not work for me at all. I will have a chat with the adobe people about the particular problem. That’s what I am trying to say here. Anyways thanks for the efforts that you have put up here to solve my issue. So if you any other solution for me then do let me know about it. So that's it from my side, more suggestions waiting for it.