Thread: History sidebar not working in Firefox 5

History sidebar not working in Firefox 5

I have just recently upgraded the Firefox to a newer version only to see that the history sidebar hat I previously had just disappeared and there where many user that stated the same problem but, I guess none of them report the problem and hence there is no solution for this online on the internet, so this is the only place where I can find so please do not disappoint me .

Re: History sidebar not working in Firefox 5

This is a common problem that is usually caused when we update of some drivers or the same appellation in your case it is a browser that you are using. I suggest you to use the stable version of Firefox till the company fixes the bug, as this is a beta version there are many bugs in this and the company is trying it best to fix this. SO till then you have to wait as you have no other option.

I don ‘t think you wait if the problem is from your side as if this problem is from your side than an update also might not below able to fix this so I think that you should try this first go to the Firefox menu and then click on the view menu ( mind you that this steps are for the (windows ) menu bar is hidden press , and the press and then the press alt key to illustrate it temporarily and the select sidebar and then selct the history

hey , thank for the time that support that you all gave to solve my problem but this did not solve my problem as I have already tried that before , sorry that I should have already told you about that . I used to see my browser history previously in the sidebar but know I cannot see it anymore a please send me something that I haven‘t tried before. There most recent tab is also blank.

This is the working method that I personally tried I suggest you to start Firefox in a safe mode and then check if any of your add on is causing you problem if you can’t identify it then switch back to default mode and then move on to tools and search for add – on s option there and then go to themes option. And then disable all the themes that you are using this might cause you problem.

Even if that does not work then I suggest you to disable all your extension that are installed on your Mozilla Firefox and then click on the disable all the extension and then switched back to normal mode and then search the one that is causing problem but remember to enable one extension at one time so that you can easily pin point the one that is causing you the problem

sorry for the late reply guys , I just mess up with my spam setting in my inbox as all the notification that are received from here are directly send to the spam folder and hence I did not get the replies that you have given by you , but I am happy that now I have solved my problem , one of my friends did this , I do not know how did he ficed it but , once I get to know I would post the solution here .