Thread: Unable to install Flash Player due to Native Control Panel

Unable to install Flash Player due to Native Control Panel

From last few days I am facing one problem with my computer with adobe flash player. Actually some days before I get notification that I have to update my flash player and after reading that I have downloaded flash player installation file in my system and after that I have tried to install it but at the time installation when I click in the I agreed to the terms and after that when I click on the install at that time it is saying me "The Flash Player Native Control Panel is currently open Please close the Native Control Panel and try again.". Now please tell me how to fix this issue.

Re: Unable to install Flash Player due to Native Control Panel

You are facing this problem because there might be any adobe flash related files are still running in background of computer and that is why I would like to suggest you that first open the task manager in your computer and after that click on the process option and then check whether any file related to adobe flash player or any browser related file is running or not. If you find any file then right click on it and click on the end process and after that try to install flash player again.

If you are not able to install the flash player in your system then I have one solution for it. First of all restart your computer and after that start you computer in safe mode. You can start your computer in safe mode by pressing F8 key at the start of the computer. Now after starting the computer in safe mode you should try to install the flash player again in your system and after that check whether you are getting the same problem or not. I hope this idea make your work easy.

When I open the task manager and clicked on the process tab at that time I didn’t show any file related to Adobe flash player or any browser but installation process was still saying that "The Flash Player Native Control Panel is currently open Please close the Native Control Panel and try again.". now after that I have also tried to install the flash player from safe mode but that idea didn’t make any difference for me. if anyone have any more solution then please help me.

I have one solution to fix this issue. first of all you have to uninstall the previous version of flash player by downloading the uninstall_flash_player.exe file. If you don’t know where to find this file then you can download it by clicking here DOWNLOAD. Now after that run it and it will completely remove previous version of adobe flash player and after that you will be able to install the adobe flash player in your computer easily. I hope this information will be helpful to you.

After trying so many solution I was facing the same problem in my system again and again and after that I have read above post and I have downloaded that uninstaller file for my adobe flash player and then I have run it in my system and it has removed old player completely from my system. Now I am not facing any issues with my system. The information which you have provided was really helpful. I appreciate your help and support.  

i am having the EXACT same issue, however, when i try to uninstall, it says the same message:

No matter if i try to uninstall or install, this same message appears EVERY.SINGLE.TIME.

I have checked the adobe forums, i have troubleshot every possible way to fix this in the past 2 hours. I have run the uninstaller, tried to install, restarted in safe mode even, and STILL the SAME message! The damn manager is not running in fact it is NOWHERE TO BE FOUND on my computer! There is no damned manager! Let me install!!!
    I was only trying to update just like everything else, i don't get it! I can't even install an older version!
    Anyone? Help?

Quote Originally Posted by eds3284 View Post
    i am having the EXACT same issue, however, when i try to uninstall, it says the same message:

No matter if i try to uninstall or install, this same message appears EVERY.SINGLE.TIME.

I have checked the adobe forums, i have troubleshot every possible way to fix this in the past 2 hours. I have run the uninstaller, tried to install, restarted in safe mode even, and STILL the SAME message! The damn manager is not running in fact it is NOWHERE TO BE FOUND on my computer! There is no damned manager! Let me install!!!
    I was only trying to update just like everything else, i don't get it! I can't even install an older version!
    Anyone? Help?

EDIT: It seems when i get the MSI installer (which wasn't easy to find) it seems to work. i will NOT be updating adobe flash player again!

http://www.adobe.com/products/flashp...ribution3.html

here is the link, if anyone else has the same issue, please select the right OS and browser, then select the MSI installer, not EXE!

Actually, the Settings Manager is a special control panel that runs on your local computer but is displayed within and accessed from the Adobe website. Adobe does not have access to the settings that you see in the Settings Manager or to personal information on your computer. So, you can go to this link and click on the specific settings manager that you want.

Quote Originally Posted by james_911 View Post
    Actually, the Settings Manager is a special control panel that runs on your local computer but is displayed within and accessed from the Adobe website. Adobe does not have access to the settings that you see in the Settings Manager or to personal information on your computer. So, you can go to this link and click on the specific settings manager that you want.
    Thank you james but the error was that the settings manager was "open" it indeed was not open, as i was forced to close the browser in order to install. If the only way i can access it is from the website, how was it preventing flash from installing? There were no instances of any browser running, all other programs were shut off. Also, as i said, i booted in safe mode (without networking) and tried, still the same error popped up as if i had never went in safe mode.