Thread: Improper video compression with AutoGK?

Improper video compression with AutoGK?

Got a problem with AutoGK while compressing the video? I have been using DVD decrypter and AutoGK to compress and back up my DVD’s I have been using this from long time and that to without any problem until from last two days, Now when I try to compress my videos by AutoGK it popup an error The source image format is not acceptable. (error code - 2) now what does this means? What can be the problem for this am really not understanding what to do please suggest something how to solve this problem?

Re: Improper video compression with AutoGK?

Hey I was using AutoGK too and it is really good software for compressing videos and backing up utilities until this happened with me, I too got this error and was really upset with how to solve this problem and I dint even found any solutions helping me out of this problem so what I preferred doing was I just uninstalled it and reinstalled it again and it was working fine again so I think you need to reinstall it again and then it would be working fine hope it helps your problem. I don’t know if other solution’s are there for this but this is what I have done and I been helped by it so just suggesting my experience about this problem.

Well there are many software’s which do run properly for long time but after certain period of time they don’t work properly they start giving some or the error and I think this is because some of the files getting corrupted with virus’s or the video must be corrupted by this virus. If a single file would be corrupted then you won’t be able to complete any process by those software and I think same is the case with you just try to reinstall it again and get your problem solved.

Such problem’s can only occur when the software is corrupted if the videos has been modified or corrupted or else the registry must be corrupted you need to change the registry settings but very carefully because if you do this to any other key then those program would also stop working so this needs to be done properly just search out how to make changes in registry keys and you would get certain steps and then change them and I hope this would make you get out of this situation

Hey friend I have faced this problem once while I use to use this software and I dint had other solution’s at that time I mean no other solution was clicked in my mind other then system restore, but I did this on the first time itself when I got the error and moving back to the previous backup I was done with my problem it was sorted out you need to try this and I think this would solve your problem as far as my view says but still if this doesn’t work I think you can just simply reinstall this software and this would solve your problem hundred percent so you can try this also.

RajsergioKomic Guest

You usually see such error’s if the frame of the videos would have been resized to dimensions that would be illegal or unsupported for the compression codec. Like resizing the video’s of 720x480 DVD to 639x480 would be giving you those error and that is because Xvid doesn't allow such odd frame’s with such odd height and odd width. Change your registry to this and see if it works HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\Current Version\Drivers32\xvid.dll and I would say just scan for some malware’s if you get any which might be corrupting your software or video’s so if they would be detected your problem can be solved.

I think you might have installed some software which might be corrupting your registry and this would be the reason your registry has been corrupted and so try changing it I think you can try other software also for video compression and backup if that would work properly. Other thing what you can do is re install your software, system restore or just check out if you have changed some setting’s and correct them again.