Thread: Looking for Older Mac 10.4 Computer Lost Flash Player

Looking for Older Mac 10.4 Computer Lost Flash Player

I am still having Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger and was trying to install the latest flash player in that and it shows me the message that says that I cannot install that on my computer. It might be because I am having older operating system. After that whenever I try to go to some site that needed flash support, it asks me to update the flash player. I tried again to install that but all the times it shows me the same thing. I am not even able to install older version of it. Can you please tell me that what is the reason behind this and how can I resolve this?

Re: Looking for Older Mac 10.4 Computer Lost Flash Player

Do you have some antivirus program running in your computer? If that is the case then it is possible that it is aborting the process of installation. So you can just disable the antivirus in your computer and after that try to install that over again. If the problem was because of the antivirus then this time you will not get that problem. I am not saying that this is definitely going to resolve the problem but you can try this once for sure to see if that helps you or not. Good Luck!!!

If the problem is with the browser that you are using then also you will get the problem like this. So if you are not getting the reason for the issue then you can try by reinstalling the browser or changing the browser. Just download some other browser like Opera or Firefox and see if that is showing you the same thing or not. If it is not showing you that then, this will ensure that the problem is with the browser that you are using.

What you can do is, just don’t install that directly online. You should download the Flash Player 10.1 which is around 81.7 MB and save that in your computer hard disk. You will get 10.1.102.64 version intended for the Mac Platform. You will also get the readme file with that. Search for the method to do the manual installation on google and follow the procedure to do that. I wish you will be out of the issue soon. Thank you.

There might be some problem with the hard drive in your computer and so this is not allowing the proper installation of the flash. What you can do is just run the Disk Utility and verify that there should not be any bug in your hard drive. If it reports some error in the hard drive then you will have to repair the hard drive with the help of the Disk Utility's repair permissions. Before doing that, you should ensure that none of the application is running in your computer that is using the flash.

Adobe Flash Player to detect if it is in the system and a version number is displayed. In the same way if not shown, then the next part is if not detected Flash Player on your computer, see one of the boxes below. It must contain a message similar to the following. If you see a message, you did not uninstall FlashPlayer.