Thread: Skype 5.3 is crashing on Windows 7

Skype 5.3 is crashing on Windows 7

Hey guys I recently downloaded the newest Skype 5.3 messenger for my 64-bit Windows 7 running system. I installed the setup in my system and it went with showing any error. I restarted my system as it was prompted by my system. But when I tried to run the application, it was crashing. I am unable to understand why this uneven crash is occurring in my system. I even tried running the same on my cousins Windows XP running laptop, but with the same issue. Please, help me by providing your quality suggestion, which you think can help me solve my problem. Thank you in advance.

Re: Skype 5.3 is crashing on Windows 7

According to me you must have downloaded some corrupt file. So, I would suggest you to download the correct setup file from the official website of Skype, instead of downloading the files from any random site. Download the setup file form the official website will assure that you are downloading some file which will surely be working as it is provided from the trusted website. Once you done downloading the file, install it in your system.

The issue might also occur if you had install improper version of the setup file in your system. You have mentioned that you have got 64-bit Windows 7 Operating System in your computer. So I would like to shed light on this matter that you should download 64-bit version of Skype for your system, inorder to make it run without any error. Also check out for compatibility issue for Skype. Because recently make application have been facing compatibility issue when installing them in Windows 7 64-bit running system.

Several Skype users have complained this crashing issue after installing the latest update for Skype. So this is an issue for almost all the Skype users in Windows 7 OS. So, I would recommend you to wait for the Skype officials to fix the problem and wait for new updates for Skype. Most probably after installing the new update which has fixed the problem, you will be able to run Skype messenger smoothly in your system. You should wait for the Skype to solve the problem itself.

As the problem is with all the users, if you desperately want to solve the problem and wish to run Skype again in your system, then I would recommend you to uninstall the Skype which you have installed in your system and download any older version of Skype which according to you worked smoothly without any kind of issue in your 64-bit Windows 7 running system. You can download the earlier version form the official website of Skype. But, after doing so, you should make sure that you don’t end up updating it. Or else again you will be facing the same problem.

Please follow the following steps in order to solve your problem:
    • If Skype is running, then quit the application. Make sure that you are removing it from the system tray as well.
    • Go to: Start > Run and type "%appdata%\skype" and click OK.
    • Search for the file shared.xml and delete it.

The last solution worked for me. Thank you so much dude. But I also appreciate the time and efforts which everyone else made in order to get my problem solved. If anyone is experiencing any kind of crashing of latest version of Skype then I would definitely suggest them to try out the above solution, as it is a working one. It did the magic for me and really feel that it will help others too. Once again, thank you very much everyone.