Thread: Exception EXMLDocError error message when signing into Skype

Exception EXMLDocError error message when signing into Skype

Hey guys I have been using Skype from very long time, but recently I started facing issues while using it. Actually the problem started only when I updated the skype installed in my system in to the latest version of it available in the market. Nowadays whenever I am trying to log in to my Skype account I am getting Exception EXMLDocError message in module ezPMUtils.dll at 000E8FCA. The same error message is displayed when I am trying to open Extra Management. Does anyone know what must be reason behind this? Please help me solving the issue.

Re: Exception EXMLDocError error message when signing into Skype

As you have mentioned in your query that the problem started up only after installing the updates provided by the officials of Skype in their regular update, so, I would recommend you to wait for the Skype officials to fix the problem by themselves rather than trying our any hack or something like that and end up getting yourself in more problems. You should probably wait for the next update. It will probably be consisting of all the necessary updates to solve the problem.

Hey dude, this problem seems to be very common after the new update which was released by Skype. I also installed the latest update and started facing similar issue whenever I tried singing into my Skype account. The only thing which seems to have worked for me at this moment was uninstalling the Skype form my system and downloading an earlier version of Skype into my system. Once done with downloading, install the following and start using the older version of Skype. Make sure that you don’t update the Skype.

I searched on Internet about your issue and came across the following solution which had worked for many, so I would suggest you the same :
    • Go to the following location: (C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Plugin Manager). Here you will find ezPMUtils.dll file.
    • What you need to do is just move the following file into the MIs file. That’s it.

Hey I have tried the above suggestion and it works only if the user meets certain conditions.
    • Make sure that you have shut down the Skype before you are actually moving the file. If you don’t do so, the Skype will continue searching for the DLL file in the current empty folder.
    • Close Skype and move ezPMUtils.dll into the Mls file. You will find the MIs files to be located directly above it.
    • Restart your Skype and see the changes.
    • Make sure that your Skype is not running or crashing when you are moving the particular file.

If none of the above is working for you then you can also try the following steps, as this has helped me solve my problem. But before performing the same, please make sure that you have taken back up of all the important data.
    • Go to Start > Run and type the following: %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\Skype Extras
    • This will open the following folder:
    • "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Skype Extras\"
    • now finally uninstall the Skype application from your system and after restarting your system, reinstall the application.

Thank you all for spending so much of your quality time in typing the entire suggestions which you have provided me. I really appreciate each and every person’s effort. The third solution worked for me. But, in my case instead of moving the ezPMUtils.dll file in the Plugin Manager folder, I ended up deleting the entire folder as well. I don’t know what happened, but my problem got solved, all thanks to you good people. So, once again, thank you a lot.