Thread: Unable to find AHCI drivers for MSI A6000

Unable to find AHCI drivers for MSI A6000

Hello people, I am posting this thread on behalf of my friend who has been facing this issue from pretty while but he is unable to find a solution for the same. Actually he is being trying to install 32-bit Windows XP Pro in his MSI A6000 and model no MS 1683 but always fails to do so as the AHCI drivers are missing. So, I wanted some help regarding this issue. Does anyone know, where I can find the AHCI drivers, so that we can easily install Windows XP in my friends system. Please, help me.

re: Unable to find AHCI drivers for MSI A6000

A drivers disk must have come along with your MSI A6000. You should use that particular original drivers CD in order to install the AHCI drivers along with all the other necessary drivers which is required by your system. Search for that particular drivers CD along with other accessories which came along with your MSI A6000. Insert the drivers disk in your DVD/CD drive and allow the system to detect the uninstalled drivers and automatically install them.

If you are asking for my suggestion then I would recommend you to disable the AHCI instead of trying to install the drivers for it. You can disable the AHCI by going to the BIOS settings. I have come across many people who have said that it is better to disable AHCI in the Windows XP running system as it creates more troubles then helping in something. AHCI is not worth trying for Windows XP running system but it is compatible with Windows Vista and Windows 7.

If you still wish to install the AHCI drivers in your MSI A6000 in order to install Windows XP in your system then I would suggest you to visit the nearest computer shop and get the drivers CD if you are unable to find the drivers CD which was provided to you at the time of purchase. Or else for better and proper result, I would suggest you to visit MSI store and ask them to provide you with the necessary drivers CD according to your system.

Re: Unable to find AHCI drivers for MSI A6000

You can also search for the required AHCI drivers for your MSI A6000 on Internet. You will definitely find many links where you can easily download the drivers. But for more safety and accuracy, I would recommend you to visit the official website of MSI and search for all the drivers available for the particular model of laptop which you are using. From the list of drivers, you can either download the drivers which you want at present, the AHCI drivers or you can download the entire pack of all the drivers.

Thanks for everyone for the suggestions. As, it is my friend's system, I just want to install Windows XP OS in it and return the system back to him as soon as possible. Thanks for sharing the information on how to turn off the AHCI. It made is easier for me to install Windows XP much faster. But I wanted to clear just few more doubts. If later we get Windows Vista or Windows 7 installer CD, will turning off AHCI create problems?

I would like to inform you that the AHCI is particularly for Windows Vista and later operating systems. So most probably you won’t be facing any kind of trouble. But you should make sure that you set the AHCi before you actually install the Operating System. Also, one should remember that AHCI drivers are already installed at the time of installing the Windows XP OS. The system will prompt to use a floppy and install the drivers by hitting the F6 function key. Personally, I feel that AHCI is more of a trouble in Windows XP system.