Thread: How to enable Automatic Screen Lock in Domain?

How to enable Automatic Screen Lock in Domain?

Hello, sorry if I am posting my question in wrong section, actually I want to enable the automatic screen which had the lock feature on my domain, which is have windows 2000 server operating in it. And for enabling it I have to go on each computer and have to do setting in display, so my question is there any way to enable the directory as it will circulate down to all computers in the domain directly. Seriously it will reduce my effort and also the time I am wasting for going on each computer for setting. Thanks

Re: How to enable Automatic Screen Lock in Domain?

So actually want to spread the same setting from the master computer for all domain, so it is possible and just follow the simple step that I am mentioning now, for that you have go in group policy first and then open the group policy for the domain or OU and then after that go to configuration than click on control panel and then display and enable the active screen saver and also you set the password for protecting the screen saver

And while using your master computer, you can also able to check whether all the domain have been setup with that setting or not and what work is going on in it, as after going in display setting you will able to see there a command setting, to check the domain configuration and by using that you will able to check the working process on other domain and default in them to. So to active this setting, you don’t need to be a expert as it simpler and not much complicated to apply.

If you are using Windows 2000 server, so to active domain setting so once you have to go to each domain and then explore the dos prompt in that first after opening it insert in dos prompt by typing “gpupdate” that will allows you to control the group policy from the domain controller. And this you only have to do once, not every time you start you system, so if this command don’t work for you than let me know about it here, but most probably it should.

You can apply Group policy on the domain by setting the default policy on the domain, it is going to work when the policy had been applied on the all computer on domain, and if you had applied the group policy only on the default controller policy of domain than the policy will only take effects to the server in the domain controller OU, so for that you can make a OUs which have workstations in which this policy can be applied. I think I am clear with my point, if you any doubt than feel free to put your query further.

Just follow the step to enable Automatic Screen Lock in Domain and manage them from the master computer : You have run active directory users and also computers and after that right click on the domain to which you want to add to the OU and click on New and now give OU a proper name and again click on ok and after that select configuration and click windows settings and after that security setting. And define the policy setting in it. And now you have been done with the process and add the domain into the OU now. And you will able to control them from the master system. Enable the automatic screen lock in domain.

Even though group policies are an really controlling security mechanism, it can be a bit difficult to organize them in an effective way. First you have do to de-clutter your group policy is to immobilize any idle group policy element. There are numerous different ways from which you can do this. I advise you to start by viewing the group policy objects as a fully to observe if they are really essential. In bigger organizations, it is not unusual to require group policy stuff at each level of the Active Directory, but in the small organizations it could often to have group policy settings that take place at a particular level within the Active Directory.