Thread: Opening canon 50D raw files in Photoshop cs3

Opening canon 50D raw files in Photoshop cs3

I recently bought the Canon 50D and am having problems now downloading RAW images into CS3. I've updated the drivers for Canon, and tried to update the driver for Adobe but it is asking me for my Serial Number to continue with the upgrade. The problem I have with that is my son through away the box! Now I have no serial number and can't process my RAW files! Can anyone help?

Re: Opening canon 50D raw files in Photoshop cs3

As new cameras are launched Adobe issues updates to Camera Raw at regular intervals. Adobe Camera Raw 4.6 supports the Canon 50D camera in Photoshop CS3.First open Adobe Photoshop cs3 then click on “Help> Updates.” The most important thing is that the program should identify available updates for Adobe Photoshop RAW after clicking on updates then download and update the files automatically. Then restart the Photoshop and open a Canon 50D raw file as normal. Now Photoshop CS3 will recognize and process the image.

If the automatic update does not occur then browse the Adobe support site and search for “Camera Raw 4.6”. Download the installation files from the adobe site. Unzip the file if required using WinZip or PKZip. Open your Internet Explorer browser to "Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CS3\File Formats" then Copy the Camera Raw plug-in "Camera Raw.8bi" into that folder. Restart the Photoshop and open a Canon 50D raw file as normal. It will be recognized my Photoshop CS3 and image will be processed.

After performing the above steps if the problem is still unsolved then browse the Adobe support site and search for “Camera Raw 3.6”.Camera Raw 3.6 is compatible in Adobe Photoshop CS3. Download the installation files from the adobe site. Unzip the file using WinZip. Open Internet Explorer and browse to “Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CS3\File Formats". Then copy the Camera Raw plug-in ”Camera Raw.8bi” into that folder. Restart the Photoshop and open the raw files as normal. The image will be processed by Photoshop.