Thread: Is new ITunes account needed for additional phone

Is new ITunes account needed for additional phone

I am a Apple fan from quite long so I purchase all apple products for me and I am quite satisfied with this all products. Recently my son forced me to buy a phone for him so I took an apple phone for him, because its features are nice and since I am using this product from long back. Now I want to know one thing that is a separate iTunes account needed in order if he wants to have his own music stuff. So please provide me with this information and also I don’t want to have any of my data on his phone so what shall I do for this.

Re: Is new ITunes account needed for additional phone

Basically iTunes is a core application which is having a major activity that you can do with it. If suppose you want to access iTunes store in order to purchase anything from the store than you need iTunes account. That store consists of music, videos, games, and lots more. So if your child wants to obtain any service from that iTunes store then you probably need to have a separate iTunes account for him so that he could enjoy using those services as he wants.

I recommend you to make a separate account for each phone that you have. This is because if you purchase or access any service from iTunes store then you would be charged accordingly depending upon the service which you accessed. If you make a separate account for your child then you can keep track on his activities, what he accessed, downloaded. As if you and your child access services from same account then it would be more difficult for you to track and keep record for the same.

As you are using the Apple products from quite long then probably you would have huge libraries as well as brief history about all the services that you accessed. As you don’t want your data to be copied or transferred to the new phone, so you can be assured about this by giving your child a new account. This would make independent accounts and there would be no interference among your account as well as your child’s iTunes account.

Well same was with my case. My daughter also wanted to have an iPod. So I bought a new iPod touch 4G for her and she got very happy. As she doesn’t have her credit card and even she wants to access iTunes store so I let her to access all she wants using my own account. The important thing here is that she doesn’t buy anything without asking me, and I like this thing about her, so with this trust I allow her to use my account so that she could enjoy her touch iPod.

Well thank all of you in order to discuss on this topic. By seeing numerous replies, I liked this forum very much as I obtain the needed answers here. I would look at everyone’s point and accordingly make certain decision on it. I would like to allow my child to use my account for temporary basis till I open up his individual account. So I again appreciate all of you and I would post all my technical queries here as I get quicker replies here also most correct ones also.