Thread: Ovi.com, Ovi Suite, Outlook: what is sync exactly and with what?

Ovi.com, Ovi Suite, Outlook: what is sync exactly and with what?

Really I must say, all the tools that is used with the nokia mobiles are too confusing, and I am confused in that only. I have Nokia X7 and in that whenever I download any application I use to use to some other website, but my friend told me about the OVI, and I don’t know what is that actually, after that what is OVi suit actually? And I visit this forums whenever I get confused, and here only I have seen too many topics on the sync, what is that what we can do with that? need some proper explanation.

Re: Ovi.com, Ovi Suite, Outlook: what is sync exactly and with what?

it seems you are too behind from the technology, because all the terms that you have mentioned, anyone can tell you about this, but it’s ok, there is always a first time, I would to introduce the OVI store to you, this is the online store provided by the Nokia itself, thus the nokia user can easily download the applications associated with their mobiles, and the games and many more things that they can download it from there. So I would suggest you the same, like stop being waiting, just start downloading the exciting applications for your mobile.

Absolutely right, very good explanation by the above user, I would say they have just resolve all the queries of the user through that, No one have to run around all the website, rather they can easily get all the application from their own site only. And OVI suit is nothing but the software or I would say a companion for the PC to connect to the OVI store from the PC, this software you have to download first to your computer and then using that you can connect to the store.

Sync means to synchronize my friend, I would say you must use this features, really they are not enough confusing that you have a doubt. You can synchronize your contact, mails, calendar, and all the media stuff with the PC through the mobile and vice versa. Through which you can always keep backup of all this minor data’s in to your computer. And for that you need to have some software again. but you can download it from internet.

Hey thanks guys, as this was really a good explanation that I ever had on any forums, In fact the Nokia even didn’t mentioned such a thing in their manual that greatly or rather I would say nicely, again I would like to thank all of you guys, you all seems nokia’s user from been a long time, and I have bought it just now only. Ok after your such a good explanation I would like to use this, but from where should I download this software’s such as OVI suit, and a good synchronizing software, needs the last recommendation.

Hey we don’t mind ever, you can have this software from the Nokia’s official website, I am almost sure about that, but if suppose you didn’t get any from there you can have other option too, that’s download it from the other websites. And then use it to connect your phone with the PC. And for synchronization you can have GooSync, or OggSync, or SyncMyCal, and many more if you search the internet. But only some of them are free, and for others you have to pay.