Thread: Webcam lost after loading MS Live Meeting

Webcam lost after loading MS Live Meeting

I loaded MS Live Meeting and immediately lost my chicony webcam on my Toshiba Satellite A300. Get error message " webcan driver open fail. Restart camera or computer". I have uninstalled MSLM and also reinstalled camera software from Toshiba assist. No luck. If I search registry, MS LM is still there. If I open Skype I get error message "camera software being used by another programme" . I have tried to restore system but also no change. Can someone plse help..?

Re: Webcam lost after loading MS Live Meeting

Can you please tell us what operating system are you using? Vista? If yes please install the SP1 because it contains a Microsoft patch which helps to solve the webcam issue. I had a similar issue and the SP1 was the key. It would be also recommended to remove the old webcam software/driver and to download a webcam driver from the Toshiba European driver page and to reinstall it.

Thanks mate.. I am using XP. I did uninstall and redownload the software from the USA site and the Aus site no luck

First of all I would like to suggest you to update the driver and after that go through your issue. to update your driver you need to go through the following steps: first make right click on the my computer and after that select the properties. Now on the properties go to the hardware tab and under that make click on the device manger button. Now you will get the device manger and under that go to the webcam driver and after that make right click on that and then select the update. While doing this make sure that you have connected the webcam. Once you finish the updating and after that restart your system and then go through your issue.
    For more information you can go through this link.
    http://forums.techarena.in/windows-s...tm#post5235209

Thanks mate.. I give up.. I have tried everything and its not the driver. It is ever since I loaded MS Live Meeting......my camera tells me its being used by another programme. I have deleted MS Live but it does not disappear from the registry which I imagine is the problem...

Alright then, download a tool called Revo uninstaller and uninstall the MS Live Meeting by going into safe mode. It will help you to uninstall software and remove unwanted programs installed on your computer easily! Even if you have problems uninstalling and cannot uninstall them from "Windows Add or Remove Programs" control panel applet.