Thread: realtek drivers unable to detect my mic in windows 7

realtek drivers unable to detect my mic in windows 7

I am using a computer which is assembled by me and it almost 6 months old. Before some days I have installed the windows 7 in my computer before that I was using windows vista in my computer. Now whenever I insert the headset which have mic also at that time my sound driver detects my headsets as a speaker and does not detect headphone mic. Now please tell me what I should do to fix this issue. Is there any solution to fix this issue? Please reply me as soon as possible.

Re: realtek drivers unable to detect my mic in windows 7

I have referred your problem and I think you should first check that your mic is working properly or not? If you have any other headsets which also have mic then I think you have should first connect it with you system and after that check whether your system is able to detect the other headset mic or not? If your system is not able to detect that also then I think there is something wrong with your system only. I think you should check it first.

If your drivers are not able to detect the mic and if you have tried to solve this but still having the same problem then I think you have to uninstall the driver first and after that restart the laptop. Now after restarting the laptop you have to delete all the temporary files from your system and then insert the driver CD in your CD ROM now after that install the driver again. I think after doing that you will not get any issue with your mic and you will be able to use that.

I think you are facing this issue because of the driver incompatibility with your operating system. First of all I would like to tell you that you have to download the windows 7 supported driver in your system and after that you have to uninstall the old drivers from your computer. Now after that start the computer and install the new driver in your system. After installing the driver you have to check whether your drivers are detecting the mic or not. I think this trick will fix your issue.

As you have mentioned in your post about changing the headset and checking for the problem, after reading that I have tried other headset and with that also I am facing the same problem. After that I uninstalled the realtak driver from my system and after that I have downloaded the driver from internet which support in windows 7 and after that I installed it my system and after that I didn’t face any issue. Thank you so much for your reply and all the information.