Thread: Mplayer2 not working

Mplayer2 not working

I have encountered lots and lots of problems while working with the mplayer2. Mplayer2 is interesting and I want to use it and take its benefits. Do any of you have any idea what the exact scenario would be? I think the problem is it is not getting linked to the lib. I have also tried manually installing the libawscale.a to/usr/lib64 and still I am encountering the same crisis. I would try out all the replies to this post because I want to get it fixed as soon as possible. I have core i5 and would love if mplayer takes its benefit and entertain me in a better way.

Re: Mplayer2 not working

Hey brother I also encountered the same problem once as you are currently doing. This is not a very big problem and there is no need to panic around. The solution to your problem is very easy.First of all go to the windows media player site and from there just download and install the latest version of the same. If you already have it then better reinstall it again. I reinstalled the version 10 of media player and then guess what, a magic happened. My mplayer2 was back to its life.

The problem may in your mplayer2 itself, you never know when and where the problem may be. In your case one of the possibilities is that your mplayer2 may itself be corrupted, so if your host file itself may be corrupted than it will not work properly. While downloading some files may have been lost in the transaction, so better go to the website and download it again, it may start working and it can help your core i5 to entertain you.

Hello my friend if your player is not getting installed than better follow the above reply as your mplayer2 may be corrupted but if you have installed it and then it is not working than better go for using command line to use your mplayer2.But by using command line the problem is that every time you have to enter the command line so that your mplayer2 works properly. The command line for the same is Show 'emerge --info mplayer-uau', try building with USE="-custom-cflags -custom-cpuopts". Please also test with USE="-*" and USE="-custom-cflags -custom-cpuopts external-ffmpeg".

Hey one of the solutions to your problem can be updating. If you try out everything and finally get tired ten try out this option, may be it can help you solving your issue. Hey friend tries updating your ffmpeg. Download 0.6 version of it and then try USE="-custom-cflags -custom-cpuopts external-ffmpeg". Ffmpeg helps your system to finger the multimedia data and its command line helps in transcoding the media files