Thread: Improper charset in cmus on Gentoo

Improper charset in cmus on Gentoo

I have installed Gentoo on the computer of mine. I am having really annoying charset issue with the cmus 2.3.1. the name of the artist in the library into the same album are shown into weird letter. I tried to fix the matter with the id3_default_charset option but it did not working at all. Let me know if are having the same problem which I have mentioned over here? any help on this particular matter would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Improper charset in cmus on Gentoo

Looking at the situation which you have mentioned over here I want to know how can you retrieve the tags? Well let me know whether the tag would display appropriately or not. It could be possible that the name of the artist could be at all. Can you post the screen shot of the problem which you are getting on the computer of yours. so answer the above mentioned question as early as possible.

Well I was having the same problem which you have mentioned over here. after doing lots of research work I have managed to fix the problem of mine. Well I have found that I need to remove the cache update from the computer of yours. in order to get the same you have to execute the following command on the terminal.
    Code:
    rm ~/.cmus/cache
    I am hoping that above mentioned thing would be useful to fix the matter of yours.

Well looking at the matter cmus is detecting compilations by looking for the TCMP frames. I don’t know anything about the Easytag but there should be something to make the thing working. I have inserted into the id3 v2.3/v2.4 tags. Other content of the tags are seems to be belonging for the compilation should be same for all the track. The problem might be associated with the character format but not with the tag format.

I have done some basic thing to figure out the root cause of the problem. Well I have not edited the album to the library and then tag was not recognized by the cmus. You need to change the same to the version 2.3 as well as version 2.4. each and every time I have removed the tags form the .cmus directory. Well only solution which is applicable is to convert the tag to the v2.3. I am hoping that it would be useful to solve the matter of yours.

Well I have done lots of efforts to figure out the root cause of the problem and fix the same by any mean. I have noticed that the upgardimg cmus 2.3.5 to 2.4.0 I have observed that there was no issue which you have mentioned over here. well I am suggesting that you should try the same and let me know whether it is helpful to you or not.