Thread: deleted My Documents folder Accidentally

deleted My Documents folder Accidentally

Hello friends I am using a dell laptop in which I have installed windows vista in my laptop and I was using it without getting any problems. Before some days I tried to format one my hard disk partition because of viruses and I don’t know what went wrong at that time but my document folder deleted accidently. I don’t have any idea exactly what happen please tell me because it has deleted all the default folder. Now is it safe to open that account? Please tell me what I should do to fix this problem.

Satyrs Guest

Re: deleted My Documents folder Accidentally

As far as know we in any operating system we cannot delete the default folder, but as you have said in your post that your default folders are deleted while trying to format the driver then I think you have to try to log in that account and check that whether your system is allowing you to open that account or not? If you are not able to open the account then I think your account Is affected badly. First check this thing and let me know so I can give you solution according to that.

I have read your problem and as you have said that before formatting the partition you were having virus in it then I think you are facing this problem due to virus. That is why I would like to suggest you to scan your whole system with antivirus and remove all the virus from your system. After doing virus scan restart your laptop and check your folders are back or not? I think this trick will be helpful for you and you will be able to solve the problem easily.

After reading your post I have one solution for you to solve this issue. If you have made any restore point in past then you can easily solve this issue. For that you have to do system restore. When you try to do system restore at that time it will show you the date when you have made the last restore point. After that restore it and it will restore all the things as it is. I think after doing those steps you will be able to recover your all the default folder. I hope this idea will be helpful for you.

As you have said in your post that by restoring the setting I can recover the folder and after reading that I have tried those steps, but I didn’t get any folder back in my system after restoring the setting. I also tried to login in that affected account but my system is not allowing me to do that because of missing default folder. now please tell me is there any other solution to solve this issue. If anyone facing this kind of problem and have any solution then please let me know.

If you are not able to solve the problem by trying above solution then I think you have to repair your operating system. For that you have to insert your operating system CD In your laptop and after that restart the laptop and then it will ask you to repair and install fresh copy at that time select the repair option. After that it will take some time to repair your operating system. Now you will see the your all the default folder are back but you will lose additional data which you have saved in your default folder.

After trying so many solutions to solve that problem I was getting the same problem again and again. After that I read your reply and I tried to repair my operating system with the help of bootable disk. After that I repaired my operating system and then also I didn’t get back my folders. After that I formatted my whole hard disk and I reinstalled the operating system again. Now all the things are working absolutely fine. Thank you for giving me all the information.

skipper86 Guest

You can use a good data recovery program to get your data back...