Thread: _this_program_will_be_deleted

_this_program_will_be_deleted

I have cyberlink powerdvd 9 installed, but it started to have a problem locating msvcr71.dll so uninstalled the software, in the firewall programs entries i see two entires that say

_this_program_will_be_deleted
    neither have access to get through firewall and have been there awhile, the description for both say cyberlink powerdvd9

what and how to get rid of those.

here is jpg of them
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: _this_program_will_be_deleted

If you have completely removed the software from the system then there is no need to worry about the same at all further you can also delete the folders and subfolders related to the software to leave the minimum chances of getting the name in the firewall’s list. And if still the issue creeps then I want you to scan your system with an updated antivirus that will allow you to keep the system virus free and will also remove the virus instantly if it is associated with that powerdvd 9 file.

I erased those files and deleted temp files but the entries remained. after that i ran npe from norton, and it came up with a hard to detect worm, and i did a recovery, problem resolved.

i dont know if that was the reqson why the firewall entries where there,but it has not been back since recovery, so i format my external drive also.

It seems that due to corruption or virus problem, the file might have been bad. If you have the original install CD by using system file checker you can reinstall dll file. Start>run>type..sfc>enter. Or download dll file from searching on the net. After that Install it in c:\windows\system. Not sure why you "have gone to add-remove program and gotton rid off all the ones that were not there originally".

Computer had a self replicator, so i recovered from system image.