Thread: Office 2010: MAPI Failure

Office 2010: MAPI Failure

I am using Microsoft office 2010 but, sometimes I am getting the following MAPI failure error message while attempting to send a word document by email from inside word- Word couldn't send mail because of MAPI failure indefinite error. I utilize Outlook as my default email application. I try many things to solve this annoying issue but can’t find the actual solution. Hence, I am at a standstill there. So please if anyone has any answer or any way out solution for me than please provide me.

Re: Office 2010: MAPI Failure

I am getting the similar error while attempting to email straight out of MS Word 2010. The environment: MS Windows XP SP3. MS Office 2010 Professional Plus. Steps to error: I am attempting to send the document as an email by means of File > Save and Send > Send by E-mail > Send as Attachment. Approximately 6 months before I had an equal error in MS Office 2010 and did troubleshooting for some days and was able to determine it. I am kicking myself because I didn't take note as to what lastly fixed it. Last week I uninstalled and installed MS Office 2010 while we got our volume copy/key.

Here I just wish to add something in this case. I bit unwilling to re-install and whilst checking out what I required to do I establish out that I was clicking on the incorrect office program to do spot and repair. Now that I have completed that I am able to email files from within the applications. It as well sorted out a trouble I started to have opening office documents on office live as it was telling me I did not have office 2010 loaded.

Here I have to add something to solve your issue. Well, I have resolved this trouble, but not in a very possible way. Our organization upgraded to Windows 7 across the enterprise and currently this feature (both mailing out of applications with Microsoft Outlook 2010 plug-in and emailing utilizing the Windows GUI) is completely functional. Possibly Microsoft Office 2010 merely doesn't play very pleasant with Windows XP/WinServ2k3.

Attempt to rename the Mapi32.dll file, and after that begin the Fixmapi.exe program:
    1. Click on Start, and after that click Search.
    2. Click All files and folders.
    3. In the All or part of the file name box, enter mapi32.dll, and after that click on Search.
    4. While the search procedure is finish, right-click on the Mapi32.dll file, and after that click Rename.
    5. Enter Mapi32.old, and after that push ENTER.
    6. Click on Start a new search and after that click All files and folders.
    7. In the All or part of the file name box, enter fixmapi.exe, and after that click on Search.
    8. While the search procedure is finish, twice-click on Fixmapi.exe to begin the repair procedure.
    9. Pursue the on-screen instructions to complete the repair procedure.

I have explored and attempted all the steps stated in different sites. I am not capable to get the "send to mail recipient" functioning for any file as upgraded to office 2010. I attempted uninstall and install but to no benefit. One more piece of information, I have configured two exchange accounts on the similar profile. This has as well caused the OCS discussion history to go to one of the mailbox that is not the planned one.

I did the fixmapi trick and I establish that it works at any time you are not running outlook. So, if you right click the file and utilize "send to - mail recipient" - it exertions and if you unlock the word and attempt to click "save and send" it works too; as extensive as the outlook is not functioning in the background. By the way, it occurs on my PC only, with Windows XP and Office 2010. My laptop is running Windows 7 and it works well with all the options over without outlook running. Well done, Microsoft.

A client of mine had the same problem in Outlook 2010. Turned out he'd recently opened Windows Live Mail and when asked, agreed to make it his default email program. Resetting the default email program to Outlook fixed the problem.

ThumbsUp Re: Office 2010: MAPI Failure

I have another client using Windows 7 who had the same problem but the fix above involving Windows Live Mail was not relevant. In addition he had problems with Outlook's Search (wouldn't apparently look in Inbox, or wouldn't find anything when it should have). Also every time he started Outlook he would get a UAC message. All of these problems had only started occurring recently. After trying numerous things from this forum and numerous others I finally found a single solution (somewhere, and I've forgotten where) that resolved all three issues. I was looking for a solution to the UAC problem at the time (I think).
    Find the Outlook.exe program (not a shortcut), right click on it, click Properties, click Compatibility tab, and make sure no boxes are checked. My client unchecked "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" (XP Sp2 was showing in the selection box), and all three problems disappeared. How this box got checked.... who knows?! Why it caused these problems.... who knows?!