Thread: Can we Edit Formula in Calculated Field in Pivot Table ?

Can we Edit Formula in Calculated Field in Pivot Table ?

Hi, I am using the Microsoft office 2007, in which I have to work lot on the Microsoft excel, so many time I have to make some changes in the formula for the calculated fields in the pivot table, so how can I edit It, as I want to include the ISERROR in a calculated field within a pivot table, as I was trying to this by editing the formula in the tab that is generated when we select to list all the formulas from the tools section. Any suggestion?

re: Can we Edit Formula in Calculated Field in Pivot Table ?

Well, the problem is regarding a formula, you can get the help from the help section provided by the Microsoft, in that they have mentioned the solution for each of the query as far as I know, I always use to use it, as the solution is also provided in such a manner that any beginner can solve their problem. So I would like to recommend you to use those solutions, but if you didn’t found any answer to your query you can have the another option too for online support.

Yeah, you can use that function in the excel, as you are using it , you must be aware about what it does, it check whether the particular cell causes any error or not? You can use it by typing IsError( value ), value will be the cell number. And when you enter some value it will give the result in the form, whether the value is true or false. So you can change the values that represent the false values,

As you are working on the pivot tables, you can follow this steps to add that function, then it will display the error as the values get change in the cell, or if the cell is empty. First of all click on the pivot table report, you’ll find there so many tabs, so among them select the option tab, in that option group click the arrow next to option and then click option, then click on the layout and format tab, in that you can add this formula.

Re: Can we Edit Formula in Calculated Field in Pivot Table ?

It is also the function already provided in the excel worksheet itself, so you can easily add to the calculated field, but if you have to do the complex calculation frequently, so it provides the additional feature that let you make your own function too, you can then use the function to create formulas, so you won’t have to bother about the existing formulas. not even need to memorize those formula, instead here you can use the formula made by you only.