Thread: Microsoft office live add-in sign-in has encountered an error

Microsoft office live add-in sign-in has encountered an error

Hi Friends, The equation editor introduced with Word 2007 was a big step forward. Now my question: Is it possible to compose equations with a different source of Cambria (Mathematics). I would like to use Times New Roman and Segoe as (other) sources to standard equations. All comments are welcome. So please all of the response.

Re: Microsoft office live add-in sign-in has encountered an error

If you click on an equation, you can select Font on the shortcut menu, and then change the font size, but it would not be possible to change the font type. Meanwhile, on the Tools tab of the equation of the ribbon, if you click the Tools drop-down menu in the Tools section, there is a dropdown menu of the "default font for math regions, but only contains the entry Cambria Math I guess the reason for this is because not all fonts contain all characters needed are available at the source Cambria Math. You can always return to using Equation Editor 3.0 (Insert> Object) in which you can customize the fonts, but that then means you cannot step forward that you be grateful for.

In Word 2011, one can easily change the font to XITS for example (and I guess the same is true for Word 2007)
    Normal Times will not work because the source is not suitable for Mathematics (missing glyphs and metrics), but you are free to choose the formula and change the font to XITS Math. On the other hand, I'm still inquisitive about how to change the font used for math somewhere in style. I am not able to find an entry in style to apply the mathematical formulas.

Like many in this thread pointed out, the difficulty is that not all fonts support all the necessary math and character glyphs you need. Though, if you only have easy equations with characteristic alphanumeric font and punctuation glyphs, I have been working on this for a time in Word 2010 (my results should also work in Word 2007) and found two solutions:
    For those brave enough to eat in the regedit, I found this key can control the list of available sources, but could not make it stick more than one session, and when he took pole, which is reeling:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Common\MathFonts

In the "Equation Tools" ribbon "tool" of components, there is a control called "normal text." Glows italics formula to normal and back. Use the "plain text" control to change the equation of italics to normal. Then select the text of the equation. Now use the source selector in the main component of the source tape to change the font of the equation.

Thanks for the suggestions. XITS Mathematics is a good choice, and now I found another: Asanas mathematics, also from the TeX Community. This translates into a source of support math Times (XITS), one with Palatino (asanas), and one with Microsoft's C-Fuentes (default Cambria). Hopefully the project will also Stix what was announced to provide sources Stix with all necessary support to be used by / with the Word.

Graduate school for my child to your documents using LaTeX math and what I like about them (although you cannot pretend to understand the 600-level analysis, algebraic topology, etc.) is the source of modern equipment in the equations. I downloaded CM and use it for my classes MathType SA. MathType source of Euclid is a kind of copy of modern computer and looks good. But I would like to use these sources in the equation editor built into Office 2010. Cambria Math is good, but I'd like MS license or develop their own CM as an optional source of EE.

Thanks for the reply. You confirm that you cannot change the source of mathematics. As the former editor of equations 3 is not a viable solution, you have to consider switching back to MathType. I did not want to make that move, due to the fact that I will force others to do the same step, but I'm not arguing.
    Just for your information, I have researched today:
    1. The project intends to give Stix fonts with the up-coming V1.1 will support Microsoft Office applications.
    2. It will be very tricky to use for publication of planned Cambria Math. One of the main scientific publishers in Germany, the Springer group, requires that authors use the older Equation Editor or MathType.
    3. IEEE urges authors to use only traditional sources of composition, i.e., Times and Arial and Palatino. But Cambria is not among them.
    Perhaps you, as VP, have an influence on the work plan generation and engineering of Mircosoft software requirements to overcome these problems.