Thread: How to remove SilverLight Update alert box?

How to remove SilverLight Update alert box?

Hello friend, recently i had uninstalled the Microsoft Silverlight application form the system. Windows XP operating system present on this system. Now i have received the unexpected message. i don't know this is the error message or something else. The message is to be silverlight update alert. i don't know the reason behind that but i need to solve that trouble. i hope some people have already faced this kind of trouble. So, please reply your thoughts about this.

Re: How to remove SilverLight Update alert box?

This kind of error indicate that the uninstall process of the Silverlight application is not done very well. Hence, you need to do this task again. For doing this operation you need to just go to the Start and then click on the all program option. Then click silverlight and click uninstall option of this application. It will be helpful to see the uninstallation window. Then perform the task as per mentioning on the box and then in the last the successfully installation will be displayed on the system.

I suggest you to check whether any driver of this application present in the system or not. If any of the driver present in the system and it doesn’t' need in the other application remove that driver from the system. For doing this task you need to go to the device manager of the system and then check the unwanted driver of the system. It helps to solve the trouble. Many times there will be possibility that this unwanted issue occurred in the system.

I also faced the same kind of issue. In that time i had done the uninstall operation and then doesn't reboot the system. Then after some time I realized that the system could be automatically recover the uninstalled application. I think this has to be done because some unwanted virus present in the system. Then I scan the full system and remove the virus. After that uninstall the application and reboot the system. Then this unwanted message is to be removed from the system.

I also faced the similar kind of issue and I must tell that that time I had not rebooted the system. So, I think this kind of messages indicate that the trouble is occurred because in Microsoft there will be necessary to reboot the system after done the uninstall application operation. This is the necessary work in the Microsoft based operating system and it helps to remove this unwanted message. Then I suggest you to take care next time for reboot the system after done the uninstall process.

I think you had used the system restore option which is present in the control panel of the system. If you done this task then I must tell you that this task is to be reinstall the silverlight application and hence the system describes the automatically update message. Then you need to find out the setup file of the application and if it is present in the system then remove it. This is the general solution and it helps you to solve the trouble.

I suggest you to just check the driver or the setup file present in the system or not and if it is present then uninstall this application driver or the setup file. This may be helping you to solve the trouble. The other way is to just ignore that kind of message. Other way is to remove the related task of this message from the system. You can do this into the Task Manager. Then use this one of the solution and it might be helps you to solve the trouble.