Thread: How do I disable SkyDrive to bypass online functionality

How do I disable SkyDrive to bypass online functionality

Anyone have any idea on this? I cannot work with the documents which come through "SkyDrive". How do I unlock them in MSWord? How do I save the document in MSWord? The MSWord "converter" fails. I really not understand how I achieve this. I just go through various sites but still can’t find any type of solution for this. It’s really important for me. So please if anyone find any solution for this than please provide me.

Re: How do I disable SkyDrive to bypass online functionality

I am unconscious of any means to hide the SkyDrive alternatives. That said, you can at a standstill download files from Hotmail. This is what I see while I obtain an attachment, do you see something else? To unlock the document online for viewing in the Word Web App, I can click in these places:
    1. Anyplace in the blue box
    2. On the symbol of the Microsoft Word document.
    3. On the name of the Microsoft Word document.

To install the file to my computer, I can click:
    • On the text which says "Download” just under the name of the Microsoft Word Document.

If you download the file from Hotmail, the modifications will just be saved on your local computer except you were to resend it in a split e-mail. As well, a few people have said that holding ctrl while left clicking on the attachment permits them to download files e-mailed to them. I haven't noticed these actions, but possibly it will work for you.

I had the same problem- and could not figure out how to download or open a Word document someone sent me. During the night, what has worked the previous day had been replaced by an application I had not at all heard and not at all asked for SkyDrive - and I do not know if it was a Microsoft virus or what. By clicking on the file name to unlock the file to SkyDrive I could see, but no idea how to save it to disk. So my solution was to send it to my Gmail account where I could save it to disk as normal.

I am using Internet Explorer 7, after you uninstall Internet Explorer 8 for the way they managed to save images. In Internet Explorer 6 if you save an image in a file and after that one more image of the second image by default to save in the similar directory. In IE8, every image required to view the details of the new directory hierarchy (many levels), and to do this without regard for each image is saved. In IE6 just right click and "Save Image As" for each image without having to navigate. I searched Google this problem and found out that IE7 was not like IE8 and then had to find a way to uninstall IE8 and reinstall IE7. Temporarily I had loaded Firefox so now I'm using Firefox and IE7.

Here I have some notes for you. I am really sorry to hear that you are miserable with the Office Web Applications on SkyDrive. If you don't mind me asking what error are you getting while conversion not succeeds? Is it a docx file or a traditional document? That said, you can at a standstill unlock files on SkyDrive using the Microsoft Office rich clients. I believe you necessitate Office 2003, 2007, or 2010 to do so, but do not grasp me to that.

I agree. SkyDrive and the new role of the Web application is a pain to work. I prefer the old system of open MSWord doc or docx and working on it is to track changes and then send it back. Apart from that, there are some documents that do not edit online. Unless you use Explorer, you cannot get a document to open in a word, by default every time SkyDrive. If, like me, you use Firefox, this option is not available. Hotmail opens in your browser and you will have a bit more luck. But it will take a couple of shots to open and reopen the doc. Finally, the little wizard behind the curtain prompts you to open it in Word.

I try to open a document with Internet Explorer 7 and Microsoft Word 2003. The first time you click on the link it asks me to install an ActiveX extension (OWSSUPP.DLL) after successfully open files in Microsoft Word 2003. As for the problems of Firefox, I think the installation of Microsoft Office 2010 will install a plug-in for Firefox which allows this functionality. I am currently aware of any way to download this plug-in without installing Microsoft Office 2010. It is possible that the installation of Microsoft Office 2010 beta or trial to install this plug-in, but I have not tried that. They as well have no marking if click-to-run against a traditional installation makes the difference.