Thread: Windows Media Player work only once, then fail

Windows Media Player work only once, then fail

Hello friends I am using dell laptop in which I am using windows Xp service pack 3. Now whenever I try to play any movie or any music file in my windows media player it plays all these files properly for first time. But when I play next file at that time windows media player does not play any file. Till I restart the laptop I face the same problem again and again. I don’t know what should I do to solve this problem please suggest me some solution to solve this problem.

Re: Windows Media Player work only once, then fail

If you are not able to play any file from second time in windows media player then I think you should try to insert any audio cd and rip that audio cd In your laptop. Once it is saved in your laptop after ripping is complete then plays those files in your windows media player. If this files works perfectly in your media player then there is something wrong with your other files try to change their location and then try to play those files. I hope after doing that you will not face any problem.

If you are facing this problem regularly then I think first you should uninstall the windows media player and then restart the laptop. After doing that delete all the temporary files from your laptop and again restart the laptop. After doing that install the windows media player again in your laptop. Now try to play those files in your media player again. I think after doing that you will not face any issues with it. Try this solution and let me know what the result is?

I have gone through your post and after reading your whole problem I suggest you to first install the latest windows media player from Microsoft official site. After downloading that uninstall the old version of windows media player from your laptop. Now install the windows media player which you have downloaded. After installing that you will not face any problem with your windows media player. You can also try to plat your music files and video files in other player which are available on internet.

After reading your solutions I have tried to solve this issue. I have tried to play files from audio CD and it was working perfectly but after ripping it in my laptop when I tried to play it again in my laptop at that time windows media player is not able to play this files. After that I have also tried to play files by installing the latest windows media player. But none of the tricks worked for me is there any possibilities of something wrong with the sound drivers?

After trying all the solution if you are still not able to play files in your windows media player then I think there is something wrong with your operating system. That is why I suggest you to install the operating system again. First take the backup of all your data and after that format your laptop. After doing that install the windows again it will solve your windows media player problem for sure. After doing that you will be able to play all the files in your windows media player.