Thread: Difficult Chart Wizard in microsoft Excel 2007

Difficult Chart Wizard in microsoft Excel 2007

I am using HP laptop with windows 7 and I am use to do analysis task for my business work. I normally use the chart function in Microsoft excel 2007. Previously I was using Microsoft office 2003 and in that version chart function was very user friendly and I loved that. But 2007 I am finding difficulties in using the chart option. In chart option I am not able to edit the X axis. I want to know this thing works. Please reply me with proper solution. I am very new to office 2007.

Re: Difficult Chart Wizard in microsoft Excel 2007

I have read your post and I am totally agree with you that some of the functions in Microsoft excel was very user friendly in Microsoft excel 2003 which is bit difficult in the 2007 version. If you want to EDIT the X-axis in chart then you can edit this thing by double clicking on the X-axis. I am not sure about that as I am using MS office 2003 in my computer. But you can try this solution hopefully it will be helpful to you and you will be able to solve your issue.

If you are unable to edit the data of X axis in the chart option. Then I have one idea which you can try to solve your problem. If you want to change the data in X axis then first select the data by right clicking on the chart. After that under the legend entries select the data source. Now select the series which you want to change after that click on the edit. Now edit the series value. Try this idea after that you will not face any problem with your chart option in the excel.

I have referred your issue and if you are unable to edit the x axis then I think there is some problem with your excel. So I suggest you to repair your whole Microsoft office by going in the control panel after that select the add/remove programs option and then repair your Microsoft office. After doing that it will fix all the issue in your Microsoft office. I hope after doing that you will not face any problem with your work. So let me know whether it make any difference or not?

Afte3r reading your post I have tried all the possible solution to solve that problem I have also repaired my Microsoft office 2007. But even after doing that I am not able to edit the X axis. So finally I uninstalled the Microsoft office 2007 and Installed Microsoft office 2003. After doing that I am not facing any problem with my work. Now I am able to edit the x axis properly. Thank you for helping me and trying to solve my problem. I appreciate your help.