Thread: Default settings are not maintaining in Microsoft Word 2010.

Default settings are not maintaining in Microsoft Word 2010.

Hello everyone, I am putting one question with too much hope, I am using Windows 7 32bit on which I have installed office 2010, when I started new word document at that I came to know that office 2010 will not maintain font and font size though I am indicating it be saved as my default font and font size. Even I am facing the same error with paragraph to all new word documents. I have tried to apply paragraph setting and also did with add and remove space after and before paragraph option. So can anyone tell what is wrong in my office? Thans a lot in advance for your replies!

Re: Default settings are not maintaining in Microsoft Word 2010.

Hello I have read your problem and I can say that this problem is not that big, it seems like that you might have installed add-ons on your word document, which is not allowing word to save default setting. Some time it happen that add-on prevents from saving changes to normal template. To come out of this problem you can try to modify the normal template directly. Go to open or press CTRL+O, then click on trusted templates, after that locate and open normal.dotm, then do the changes as per your requirement and then save and close the file, After that again open new word document and check whether you have cleared your problem or not. All the Best!

Hello, I was having the same error, but in my case above solution was useless, and unfortunately I didn’t deal with the problem. When I was having the problem, I tried to do the same but I thought my Office is brand new so taking that into consideration, I installed some of the add-ins in my word document from that time I am facing the problem. Above solution is also not working for me. After that I came to know that, just because I didn’t uninstall add-in that’s why it was not working. So as per my suggestion you must do the same before doing that. All the Best!

Hello friends, as I am the professional windows software maintainer, I am agreed with above statements. I must say that Office 2010 is new in market, so please don’t use add-in within it, as it is not that compatible with all the add-in. however I have a solution for you, open new word document, click on the arrow with their default fonts, and after that click on apply to all documents, save the file and close the word then again open new word and check the setting whether it worked or not. I hope this will be more than enough for you to solve the error.

Hey guys, I tried all possible ways, but the main problem is that I didn’t got any method to find out how to uninstall the add-in from word, so that method got fail for me, then changing the default setting also didn’t worked for me. After that I tried with above mentioned method, it worked for me but only for 2 to 3 documents, I didn’t know why that happened with me. After that I didn’t found any other method that’s why I did fresh installation office 2010 again. So finally my word is without add-in and it is working properly. Thanks a lot for replying to my post.