Thread: Not able to View, Modify, or Create Charts in Excel 2007

Not able to View, Modify, or Create Charts in Excel 2007

Hello friends. Greetings to all of you. I have a macro-enabled 2007 excel spreadsheet which comprises both charts like objects in sheets in addition to charts as different sheets. Each and every of the charts were produced in Excel 2007, even though the novel data set was formed in 2003. A few are based off data in tables, in addition to few which are PivotCharts. In recent times, all the chart objects vanished and the charts on their individual sheets became "locked." Thus in the process, I am not able to View, Modify, or Create Charts in Excel 2007. Any suggestions then please help friends. Thanks.

Re: Not able to View, Modify, or Create Charts in Excel 2007

Hey mate, why don’t you try out and make a new pivot chart. It may help you out in some way. In addition to what I told you, giving a try to open the file on another computer and checking out what happens won’t be a bad idea either. I can also imply you to save it as a macro-free workbook . Lat but not the least option will be saving it in 2003 format. I hope that out of all the alternatives which I have provided you, at least one helps out.

Hello my friend. I can guide you on this. As you have mentioned that you are not able to observe the chart objects, and they have grayed out , I would like to tell you that you should go to Insert and the Chart buttons can resolved by Office Button , then Excel Options , followed by Advanced , move on to Display and finally you will have to go to Display options for this workbook. For the case of objects, show, All. I hope this is fairly easy and there will be no harm in performing it.

Hello my friend. The probable reason of Grayed out Insert and Charts buttons can be for the reason that the worksheet is protected i.e. by saying that I mean go to Review , move on to Changes and then Unprotect Sheet otherwise since you have preferred multiple sheets ,you will be able to observe Group inside the title bar. There you will be required to Right-click a sheet tab and then select Ungroup sheets. I hope this helps.

Hello my friend. Just was surfing the internet and went through the thread. Looking at the replies, I hope that the issue has been resolved because I feel that sufficient solutions have already been mentioned. In any case, still it hasn’t, then I have one more alternative for you. It may be the reason that you have shared the workbook , you will be able to observe Shared in the title bar . Go to Review , followed by Changes and select Share Workbook and at last Editing and then uncheck the checkbox.

Hey friends, I am having the similar difficulty however the answers which have been specified did not help me. Following a little browsing all the way through several internet forums I was able to see "I have observed this previously and was capable to get chart sheets to come into view another time by being sure that there was some kind of default printer, and confirming the print authorization on that printer were not disabled."It indeed help me to a great deal.