Thread: Logging in Domain vs Logging in Local

Logging in Domain vs Logging in Local

Hello friends. Greetings to all of you. I have an idea about logging into to the domain since it validates you and you have certain permissions to other things that you wouldn’t have when you log in locally to the machine. However, my query is that when I log in and observe the system properties and see the domain at which both are attached to , they are apart of the same domain. Guys, let me know your suggestions and reply for the same. Thanks in advance.

re: Logging in Domain vs Logging in Local

Hey mate, I went through the query and as you have mentioned about local and domain, I would like to bring to your notice that even though you are logged on locally and do not have the identical rights as you would have been logged on to the domain, you are still a part of the domain, hence, even I have a query that being logged on locally to the device, do definite items get cached from the domain even though you have been logged on locally? Please reply.

Hello friends. I am doing well. I would like to bring to your notice that along with Windows 2003 and the below versions, around 10 windows logon credentials are cached. When you login locally, you still have the ability to interact with the computer and also have a look at the domain properties onto the local computer. On the other hand, you are not able to work together along with the domain. I have shared my knowledge with you and I feel it is sufficient.

Hey guys, what’s up. Hey I went through the two queries and also to the above reply and really found it to be very interesting. I would like to clear out things more for you. By saying that I mean that the above reply means that you can have admission for file shares, outlook or in that sense email and also print shares ,except that the local account has the same username or the password like a domain account. I hope this helps you out in some way or the other.

Hello friends, I am fine and hoping that things are fine at your end too. Well, would like to share my knowledge related to the discussion that has been going around and it will surely explain to you in some ways. I would like to bring to your notice that a bundle of data from the domain is generally stored locally. If someone has right to use a local account onto a computer, it is exceptionally straightforward to shoot up their privileges and thus gain access to the domain.

Friends, on a personal note, I feel that it is all the time most excellent put into practice and keep 1 local account on desktops, which is the administrator account. If you Create local accounts for users, there are chances that you will come across hell lot of safety measures worries so much more if they are technical. Its paramount to keep local accounts to a minimum with one local admin account. Users should have their accounts prohibited by GPO Policy on the domain level.