Thread: Need help to access my local files in Windows Explorer

Need help to access my local files in Windows Explorer

I logged in to my computer, I tried accessing my drive by double clicking on it, but I can’t get any access to it. It shows me access denied. I am tired of trying it again and again. I have my Business presentations to give in the next week, Please help me guys. I am in a big fix, This the first time I am encountering this problem. I need help very urgently. Do provide me with the best solutions as fast as possible. Thanks in advance guys!

re: Need help to access my local files in Windows Explorer

I do Know about this problem. I myself have faced it twice. I am not sure whether it would be helpful to you or not because the second time I tried doing it, it was not possible for me
    Follow this steps, It will be Helpful to solve your problem
    1. Right click on my computer and then select properties.
    2. Click on the Advanced tab
    3. Click the item marked Performance right under there is a button that shows Settings.
    4. Click on Data Execution Prevention tab.
    5. You'll see two options in that window , the second option says "Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select..You need to select it."
    6. After you are finished with that then click the 'add...' button at the bottom of the box. Now find where the file 'explorer.exe' is located . The default path of this file is "c:\windows\explorer.exe" and add explorer to that list. It will give you a warning,just ignore it and click ok. Then you reboot and if you try it everything should work just fine.

I understand your problem because I also faced the same problem.

1. open "control panel"
    2. go to User Accounts...-> Add User account-> Create New "Admininstrator"
      Account.
    3. Shut down manually the pc and reboot and access the new Admin
      account
    4. You will now have new account with all original programs still installed and
      access to old files via any one of the following two:

a. Internet explorer--> Address bar--> type: C:\users\ your old user account name
    b Start button--> computer--> C:\Users\ you old user account name.

* The old folders which will contain you old docs, downloads, etc
    from you old account will be displayed here…!

I hope You have got the solution you required!

Hello guys I have a Windows 2000 with two local hard drives on it. One holds work files so recently, I deleted the permissions stating access rights for everyone from that hard drive so that strangers couldn't get access or delete the files on it. Now I can't access the drive, can't do sharing, and even can't create any new share. Tried logging in as administrator but still can’t get any access. Do help me with this problem.
    The message I get when I try to access the drive is: "F:\ is not accessible. Access is denied." (other then that the window title for that diagnostic changes, and represents folder names like "Start menu" or "Documents and settings," early it was my own username.) The message I get when I try to enable sharing (or to create permissions for access rights on an existing/administrative share) is: "An error occurred while trying to share F. Access is denied. The shared resource was not created at this time."

I am happy that I could help you for your this problem, Basically it’s a simple solution. Please note the steps for the above problem: For this you first have to Go to Start menu, Then go to the Control Panel, After you are done with that click on Performance and Maintenance, open Administrative Tools and then click on services and enable Server service and set to Automatically enable. You will then be able to get access to your files. Really glad I could be helpful to you