Thread: Auslogics Disk Defrag not defragmenting anything?!?

angry Auslogics Disk Defrag not defragmenting anything?!?

I've been researching ways to speed up my laptop, and I've discovered that disk defragmenting is a good way to do that, so after some further research, I discovered Auslogics is a good one. After running it once, my fragmentation remained around 63% (I think it went down a percent or so) and I'm currently running it again, but it's not defragmenting anything! On the graphic it shows a lot of red, fragmented squares, significantly less green, non-fragmented files, and then a lot of unmovable files, but absolutely no blue, defragmented files. What's going on that it isn't defragmenting anything?

Also, I'm not exactly heavily 'computer savvy'. I know a bit, but forgive any mistakes I made.

Re: Auslogics Disk Defrag not defragmenting anything?!?

so far the 2nd one is 58% finished, and only 4 out of 201 files have been defragmented...

Re: Auslogics Disk Defrag not defragmenting anything?!?

There are few options you have to try. Just try to defragging in Safe Mode. Or one more option you have is: Check that you have sufficient free space to defragment. You will generally get a divide defrag error if you don’t have sufficient free space to defragment. However, PCs can act up at times. Make certain you have as a minimum 15% of the space on your hard disk free by going to My Computer, right clicking the symbol for your hard disk and going to Properties. Verify that the percentage of free space specified is as a minimum 15% - if possible 20%. Just in case.