Thread: Advanced tag editor for movies

Advanced tag editor for movies

I have an ever-expanding movie collection which is becoming pretty incompetent because I haven't been able to discover any decent tag editing software. I want to be able to edit things resembling the year, director, genre, actors, and associate an image with the file (if probable). It has to be free and simple to utilize. I try to find this on many sites but can’t find proper information on this. So please if anyone here has any idea or any suggestions on this than please let me know?

Re: Advanced tag editor for movies

If you utilize XBMC as your media player, it will mechanically search for that data (within the application) depends on the filename. The prettiness of this is that the videos can be in a diversity of mixed formats - DVD ISO, MKV, AVI, and so on and it necessitates no work on your side other than the files being named wisely. On the other hand, I guess the MKV container will be the most flexible for tagging but I am not certain how you would actually go about it.

This will be easiest to accomplish if all of your video files are mp4. Then you can just tag them with something like mp3tag. If the files are AVI's, you can use abcAVI. (There is also this MP4 / AVI tag editor BTW, but it's not free). Try media companion that's what I use to prescribe my media collection really simple to use! Its free so give it's try! Or use HTPC: It runs in the background and when a film is added to the folder it automatically downloads the DVD cover and synopsis etc.

Here I have little information on this which may be helpful for you. Xbmc will scrape the files but won't save the information to the films but as it have possessed file for its own exercise. Whereas media companion or even ember media manager which is as well great! That will save the information the accurate films/files. As well using media manager you can edit the information to what you wish for!

MetadataTouch is an influential tool to view and edit metadata in Microsoft Office documents, OpenOffice.org documents, and JPEG, AVI, MP4, WAVE, PNG, SVG, and XMP files. MetadataTouch is an impartial metadata editor which does not need any other application to be installed in order to analysis and edit metadata. With MetadataTouch you can edit metadata meadows for example revision number and total editing time which you can't edit with the typical applications.

I primarily use the Microsoft Zune software to manage my media as it is, quite simply, the best in its class; in spite of whether you own a Zune or not. Well, as influential as the Zune software is, it has a blind-spot while it comes to tagging movies correctly. Why go to the entire problem of permitting film information to be displayed and after that making it virtually not possible to get that information into the file itself.