Thread: Is it External Hard Drive compatible with portable DVD player

Is it External Hard Drive compatible with portable DVD player

I want to purchase an external hard drive which is compatible with my portable DVD player. I have a digital 500 GB hard drive, and also a Vizio 42 LCD TV. I cannot understand how to construct this work. I formatted the HDD in to FAT32 (with one partition) and attempted a number of my home movies in a few different formats, but dvd player says “device couldn’t find” when I connect with it. And DVD unable to understand the format but now that it is compatible with DVD +,-, R, RW, Jpeg and MP3, so I want to know that what video format would that be supported? Can I construct what I have worked or do I need out purchase a dissimilar HDD or a DVD player that supports divx? Please help me if anyone knows about it.

Re: Is it External Hard Drive compatible with portable DVD player

I would like to tell you Samsung and LG have dvd players with USB ports. But similar to they said, you are enhanced off getting a 360 and streaming it from your computer. What files are these movies in? You are going to have a lot trouble finding Kodak’s and such for each of your different videos (.mov, .avi, .mpeg, .divx, .wmv, etc). And I suspicion on the firmware in those dvd players will support a 500gb hard drive (kind of similar to hooking up a 500gig hard drive to a Windows 98 machine. It would not work the way you require it to). Not importance it. Get an iTV or something.

I am telling you requirement the USB will choose up the hard drive and will get well-matched picture (jpeg), music (mp3, wmv, .wav), and video (.mpeg, .avi, .wmv) files. An ISO is a picture, and the dvd player will almost certainly not be capable to access an picture file to criticize video_ts and audio_ts files in that picture. You can able a program to exchange ISO to divx or mpeg4 or avi and then after you will plug the hard drive into the DVD player think it enough for understanding you. If you want to you more then you can ask I hope that I’ll solve your problem

I have a LG portable DVD and also I use the Mediagate 350HD and it works very well. It’s DVI output or part that up scales to 720p, 1080i or 1080p. It acts ISO files which retains the disc structure of a DVD. Meaning all of the extras and disc navigation etc. The lovely thing is that no shrinking is necessary because it plays the ISO from an internal or outside (USB) hard drives. You can also stream ISOs by wifi or Ethernet. That’s why in my point of view External Hard Drive compatible with portable DVD player. In the market you can find the different type of companies’s hard disk which is compatible with your DVD.

I think the power ought to not be a controversy as I could see the outside HDD getting powered up (the light is on) when I connect it to the DVD. I could common sense they disk revolution as well. I consider there is something to do with the design a flash drive is being read by the DVD. The Hard disk is being read. Whenever I attach it to the hard disk The DVD shows "No USB”. Still I am not certain if it’s something to perform with driver. The model is Sony DVD player DVP-NS728H.

Thank you so much for telling me. I read your post there then I did all the steps and finally I connected the external hard disk with my portable DVD. But I have still one problem. When I connect the external hard drive than when start the DVD than it start very slow mean it takes more time. I am not getting what’s problem. Now again please help me. I am very obliged to you. At least I can connect the external hard drive with my portable DVD. I hope that now again you will help me.