Thread: Apple lossless media drive

Apple lossless media drive

I am thinking about purchasing a 1tablet media drive (with HDMI out), transfer my lossless files on it and connect to my receiver. The concerns I have are ( a) what media drives actually play apple lossless and (b) what media drive has the best UI to organize the music in to playlists etc. I have thought about an Apple TV + outside hard drive solution but will still must make use of iTunes of my comp to make use of that setup. Does an HDMI out media drive make positive better sound quality? Please give suggestion as soon as possible.

Re: Apple lossless media drive

I'm using also 1 tablet media drive which is enabled with HDMI. That is very excellence Drive. Your option on the encoding but given the common headphones and speakers I cannot tell the dissimilarity from lossless to hi-rate MP3. Possibly you don't must do much other than re-test your encoding technique? The merely guarantee of such Excellency is when you believe it is quality meets your normal. HDMI by itself is not.

Get an older Mac Mini (or refurbished 2010 model doesn't need to be anything visualize as you'll only be using it for music), clip that up to your TV & connect outside storage to it. While it's technically a full computer, the newer ones are extremely energy efficient and quiet, as well as being small like a 1st gen Apple TV. You can then just set it to automatically sleep/wake when not in use, and when in use, your iPod's Remote app will work as a controller, and if you want to do rips or tags or whatever, you can just plug a keyboard or mouse in when needed. The newest model has an HDMI out, even though it also has, as with all Macs, a headphone out which doubles as a digital out as well (mini-jack to optical to slink/spdif).

Thank you a lot I would then require to buy an old/refurbished Mac mini & an outside hard drive. Could you tell me how much I ought to be paying for a refurb Mac mini for this purpose? Also, most Mac minis will nave a mini display port out for which I would require to buy a mini to hdmi converter (to connect to my receiver). The other option of coursework is the airport express through an ext hard drive connected to my current comp. Do you think there would be any loss in sound quality plating off airport express as against an hdmi input in to my receiver? Lastly, how would I be able to control the Mac mini display on my tv> can this be proscribed through the iPod app?

You can control iTunes on a Mac Mini with the Apple 'Remote' application. You would just set iTunes to run on startup so you wouldn't need to use a mouse/keyboard to get things started. That said, a Bluetooth mouse/keyboard will be useful when you want to use the Mini as a computer (e.g. ripping a CD w/XLD and moving it to the external). No require to wire anything up to the Mini. If you need to recognize extra about it then you can visit the Apple Site.

I am very glad to you sir because you remove all my doubts about the apple lossless media drive. Tomorrow I’ll go the market for purchasing the media drive. I am very impress for your reply. Really it helped me too much. Sir I want to know about the HDMI. I did not get its work. Please
    Elaborate in detail. And one more thing when I connect the keyboard I get a message and this message says the “unsupported type”. Please tell me what does it mean? Sir is it driver problem?
    Please tell me soon.