Thread: HP 1315 printer driver for windows 7 compatibility issue

HP 1315 printer driver for windows 7 compatibility issue

I am using windows XP on mine system and I have also bought the HP 1315 printer 2 months before. I have installed the driver for HP 1315 printer on official web site and everything on the printer works fine. One week before I have changed mine operating system to windows 7 and after that miner HP 1315 printer was not working. Whenever I was working on the printer showing that I need to install new driver and it was not compatibility with windows XP driver. Now I don’t how to solve this issue. Can anyone suggest on this and so that I can solve mine issue. Please help me out from this.

Re: HP 1315 printer driver for windows 7 compatibility issue

The driver that you have Windows XP is so challenging it will not work with Windows 7. So you have to download the driver that works with Windows 7 that can be found at the official site of HP. Just go to the website and after that choose your printer model and after that discover the drivers. There you will find the option to select which operating system you are using in that choose the Windows 7 and download the drivers. Now your system will get the driver and I hope so this will help you.

If you don’t find the any driver for Windows 7 on list of drivers, then I would like to suggest you to install the Windows Vista on your system and so that you can solve your issue. Some time controllers supported in Windows Vista 7. So try this with your system and please let me know if it works for you or not. If you do not work then I'll try to find a solution for you. I hope this will help you to solve your driver issue.

I've also tried installing the Vista drivers on my laptop but it not working on Windows 7. So I'm very confused about what to do with this problem. I want to know is that the replacement drivers for the HP 1315 printer running Windows 7 as well. If there is no driver then please let me know or if you have any other solution to solve this problem. I have tried lots of suggestion but none of them are use full. Now can anyone suggest on this and so that I can solve mine issue.

I also had the same problem with my computer that I was having Windows 7. I have tried to find the HP 1315 printer for Windows 7 everywhere but got nothing. But after that without any option I have Windows Vista installed on my computer. Now I'm running two OS on my computer. Whenever I need a printer I have to change in Vista. I know it's irritating, but so far I have no choice. So try this idea or else wait for Windows 7 drivers enabled.

I too have this problem.. But i know how to fix it..

About 2 yrs ago when Windows 7 was on beta.. I was already facing this issue.. Windows 7 did not recognized my older HP 1315 printer...

After testing all model on the Add printer page from the Default list of Windows 7 option, I found that if you install the setting "HP 915", it will work for the 1315 Model..

Just last week I formatted my computer because it was slowing down and forgot to add the printer until i wanted to print something.. after testing it again.. HP 915 works just fine...

Hope this helps everyone!