Thread: Reformatting Advice for HP Pavilion dv 6426us

Reformatting Advice for HP Pavilion dv 6426us

Last month I had purchased HP pavilion dv 6426us. It is very awesome notebook. It worked one is very well. But now it needs for formatting. So could you help me what is the best way to reformat and reinstall WinXP? Last month I had purchased HP pavilion dv 6426us. It is very awesome notebook. It worked one is very well. But now it needs for formatting. So could you help me what is the best way to reformat and reinstall WinXP?

Re: Reformatting Advice for HP Pavilion dv 6426us

First please check all requirements of your laptop after formatting first thing is driver CD. If you have the all the drivers of your laptop if you don’t have and then please download the driver of your laptop. I am not sure that HP provides it free of cost. If your laptop doesn't come with them immediately give HP a call. I would like to suggest you before formatting back up all important data. After formatting first install the antivirus and spyware. And then install all drivers. Please off all automatic updates. If you know steps of formatting the then format otherwise tell me. I’ll help you.

Please remember and check and be alert with the SATA drives. You can find some related thread on hp forum which is related to sata drive. First thing you require disabling SATA support in BIOS before reinstall or using nlite to slipstream the SATA drivers. You wouldn't have SATA problems. Please be careful and check all this things. If you don’t follow these things then may be it will be great effect on your hard disk. If you are getting these things then go on Google and read the manuals about the SATA drives.

I had also same problem with my DELL laptop. But I had solved my problem. I am telling you the procedure for reformatting. First check the task manager and see there how many processes is running and how much memory is utilizing? May be virus is also running in the task manager? Then first you will format the C drive. If you are formatting is c drive then you will back up of C drive data and desktop. After that you will boot the windows xp cd press enter key when it say “press the enter key” after that press f8 key and then after select the c drive and press enter and then select the NTFS formatting and now again press enter. After formatting you will install the driver CD. If you have now again any problem then post your problem here

First thing you want a windows xp CD install cd. If you have the windows cd then you will insert the CD into the CD-ROM. And after that boot the CD and follow all instruction which is given on your screen. You can do it in very easiest manner only just to read the instructions. You will the install the windows but remember on thing without read any instruction don’t press the key otherwise it may reach the harm of the hard disk. After installation don’t forget the for installing the drivers. Other wise your laptop will not work properly.

I am understand your problem but I want to know to you want to full format or only C drive but I would like to tell you that you should format only c drive first. If now still your problem exists then you will full format. I am telling you some important steps for formatting. First you will boot the windows XP cd may be your have first priority hard disk then you will change the priority using f2 keyword before booing the system. And then you will keep the first priority CD-ROM and then again restart. And then follow all the rules which show on your monitor screen.

I would like to tell you that I did all the steps which you had told me. Sir I unable to boot the Windows XP -CD. When I insert the CD into the CD-ROM then after some time it is automatically come in user mode. I didn’t get some steps. When I press f2 key then after where have to go. Please tell me because my Laptop is more require for formatting. I hope that you will response me very as soon. Thank you for helping me.