Thread: HP ENVY 100 (D410a) gives a message "Do not power down during update"

HP ENVY 100 (D410a) gives a message "Do not power down during update"

I have purchased HP ENVY 100(D410a). Yesterday I have tried to download the updates by using my front control panel and after doing that it has started showing the message that DO NOT POWER DOWN DURING UPDATE. After reading that message I leave that as it is, but after waiting for so many hours when I checked it again it was showing the same message and there was no progress in that. Now I don’t know what to do with this problem. Please reply me what should I do to solve this.

Re: HP ENVY 100 (D410a) gives a message "Do not power down during update"

I have read your post and before I provide any solution I want to know. Which operating system you are using in your system and are you using your printer in network? And also tell me that you have tried which updates because when I checked there is no update is listed for your printer. Please give me reply regarding this so I can understand the exact problem and according to that I can provide you proper solution. So check it properly and please give me reply.

As you have asked for operating system. I am using windows Vista in my dell laptop. And I normally use my printer by connecting it with WIFI. I don’t use my printer on network. Actually I got the notification about updates and I clicked on that and after that it has start updating but I don’t know what happen wrong and it stuck between that and displaying that message continually. Even after restarting the printer and laptop also. Please tell me what should I do to solve this problem?

Ok. If you are getting that message again and again then I suggest you to try to solve this problem by running the HP Print diagnostic utility. If you have not tried this yet then you must try this. Because normally by running the HP Print diagnostic utility it solves most of the issues of printer. After running that it will restore required missing file which fixes the most problems. So try this and let me know whether it makes any difference for you or not?

After reading your reply I have run the HP Print diagnostic utility. And after that it has done the process of around 5 minutes but after that that message is gone but now I am facing one new problem. I not able to connect my printer with my laptop by using WIFI. After that I tried to connect it by using the cable but it is not detecting by my system. Now I am very confused what to do? Please tell me the procedure to solve this problem. Any help will be appreciated.

Ok. I think you should do one thing. First go to control panel and go to uninstall the programs. Then select your printer drivers. After that uninstall it, now restart your computer and insert your printer driver disk. Then install the drivers in your laptop again. Now it will ask you to restart the laptop to take necessary effects. Click on ok. Now after restarting your laptop try to connect the printer with cable and WIFI also. Now you will not face any problem.