Thread: Media Center won't work due to Conexant 23880 Video Capture and Conexant 2388x MPEG Encoder.

Media Center won't work due to Conexant 23880 Video Capture and Conexant 2388x MPEG Encoder.

I am using windows 7 on mine system and previously I had the windows vista and after that I have installed the windows 7. As the title suggest what I do here. Well, I'm looking for the driver update Conexant 23880 Video Capture and Conexant 2388x MPEG Encoder. I also found the Media Center does not seem to work at all after you install Windows 7 on the computer of the mine. I was working very well on Windows Vista on your computer. Now help me in this particular situation. Thank you very much in advance.

re: Media Center won't work due to Conexant 23880 Video Capture and Conexant 2388x MPEG Encoder.

According to me your issue will get solved on the hardware company. I assume you supposed to make contact with your hardware company and inquire for the drivers. You can also visit the official website of the hardware manufacturer and download it. Once downloaded you should try to install the drivers on the computer of yours. Let me know if you successfully installed the drivers on your computer.

re: Media Center won't work due to Conexant 23880 Video Capture and Conexant 2388x MPEG Encoder.

I have faced the same problem in the system of the mines, and after a long search I found the solution. I'd suggest updating the driver and to be able to solve your problem. First, go to Device Manager and under that check for the latest update and then right click on the driver and select update drivers. Now, once the upgrade is finished and after reboot the system and after passing through the problem. Hope this helps.

I have faced the same problem after you install Windows 7 on the computer of the mine. After a long research, I finally managed to solve the problem of mines. I deleted the following files from the computer of mine.
    c:\windows\system32\cpnotify_BB_IBV32.ax
    c:\windows\system32\drivers\cx88enc_IBV32.sys
    c:\windows\system32\drivers\cx88vid_IBV32.sys
    Now you have to unplug the computer with internet connection and restart it. Now I tried to install the driver on your computer and your hard work.

I think you must try to install Windows via the compatibility mode on your system. you can follow below steps to do this.
    1. You must right click on the executable file and follow to the properties.
    2. Now click on the compatibility and then click Run this program in compatibility mode.
    3. Select the operating system from the dropdown list.
    4. Now click the OK button and right click on it. Select Run as administrator.