Thread: drivers are missing in compaq presario V3828AU

drivers are missing in compaq presario V3828AU

I have recently installed the windows 7 in my compaq presario V3828AU before that I was using the window Vista in my laptop but because of some problem with vista I have uninstalled it. But after installing the windows 7 I am facing one issue in my laptop. Whenever I open my device manger in that it is showing that some drivers are missing. And its name is Base system device. I don’t know what that is? Because when I installed the windows 7 in my laptop at that time I have installed all the drivers properly. Then why I am facing this problem. Please tell me how to fix it.

Re: drivers are missing in compaq presario V3828AU

I have referred your problem. The problem which you are facing is normally comes when card reader drivers are not properly installed in the laptop. And as you have said that you are facing this problem then I suggest you to install the card reader properly and restart the laptop after that. By doing this you will be able to solve your problem easily. I hope this solution will be helpful to you. Just try this solution and tell me whether it worked for you or not?

I don’t remember that at the time of installing the windows 7 I have installed the card reader driver or not? But as you have said that this problem is occurring because of card reader that is why I have tried to install the card reader driver but I am not able to find the card reader drive. As it is not there in my laptop driver CD. Now I don’t know where I can find the driver for laptop card reader. If you have any idea regarding that then please reply me with proper solution of it.

As far as I know the card reader drivers normally don’t comes with laptop driver CD. Because card reader comes pre-installed along with laptop. So you have to download the card reader drivers manually by visiting its official site. You can find the drivers easily on its web site. You need to just select the product and after that select your drivers and download it in your laptop. Then install that driver. After installing that driver you will not find any problem with that.

After reading your post I have tried to search that drivers on internet but I am not able to find that drivers in its website. I don’t know whether I am doing any mistakes there or I am searching it in a wrong way. Please reply me how I can search it on the website. if you have any direct link or if you know the name of driver file then please let me know. It will be really helpful for me. I want to remove that message form device manager as soon as possible. So please help me.

Ok. If you are not able find the drivers on its website then I will suggest you to try to search that driver by using it name. the name of that drivers file is (sp46999) but if you don’t want to do all these thing then you can download it directly by clicking here DOWNLOAD. Now just download it and use it in your laptop. I know this will almost solve your problem and remove that message from the device manager. I hope my information will be helpful to you.

Actually before you gave me the link I was searching the drivers on internet but I didn’t get the drivers anywhere on the internet. I also searched on it official website but it didn’t worked for me. But after that I got the download link from you and it really worked for me. I downloaded the drivers easily and now all the things are working fine for me. I am really thankful to because of all your help and information. Thank you so much.