Thread: How to activate Num lock key on start up on HP G60-530US laptop

How to activate Num lock key on start up on HP G60-530US laptop

I am using the windows 7 on mine new HP G60-530US laptop. I have small issue on the start up of system. i want to num lock key on login screen but whenever I restart mine system mine num lock key is off. I have also tried several suggestions on the internet but these all doesn’t helped me to solve mine issue. Now I don’t how can I activate num lock key on startup. Can anyone suggest on this issue and so that I can solve mine issue. Please help me out from this.

Re: How to activate Num lock key on start up on HP G60-530US laptop

I would like to suggest you the following steps and so that you can solve your issue to do this go to the start and after that make hit on the run. Now on the run program type notepad and then hit the ok button. Now on the notepad type the following:
    set WshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
    WshShell.SendKeys "{NUMLOCK}"
    Now save this notepad as numlock.vbs and after that go through your issue. I hope this will help you to solve your issue.

I have gone through this same issue and I would like to suggest you the following steps and so that you can solve your issue. To do this go to the start and after that make hit on the run. Now on the run type mmc and then hit the ok button. Now you will get the start Microsoft Management Console and under that make hit on the Add/Remove Snap-in and then make hit on the add and then go to the group policy and then hit the add. Now make hit on the browse and after that select the different Group Policy Object and the hit the finish and after that click on the ok. Now once you finish this go through your issue. I hope this will help you.

I would like to advise you the below steps and so that you can solve your issue. To do these restart your system and after that hit the F12 key on the keyboard continuously. While hitting this you will get the Boot Menu. Now on the Boot Menu make hit on the System Setup on the Boot Device Menu. After that make extract the POST Behavior option and under that select the Num Lock Key option and then make this option on and then exit and after that reboot. I hope this will help you.

I have faced the same issue on mine system and I have modified some changes on the registry editor and after that mine issue was get solved. To do this go to the start icon and after that make hit on the run. Now on the run type Regedit and then hit the ok button. Now on the Registry Editor go to the following location: HKEY_USERS\.Default\Control Panel\Keyboard. Now here on the right side make click on the InitialKeyboardIndicators and make its value as 2 and then hit the ok button. Now once you finish this restart your system and after that go through your issue.

Num Lock is a key on the keypad of most computer keyboards. It is a key lever, as the Caps Lock and Scroll Lock. Num Lock key is located on the keyboard and numeric keypad toggles the numeric keypad. His condition is commonly represented by an LED light built into the keyboard. By turning the number lock will allow the user to use the numbers on the keypad and turning off the Num Lock keys allow other functions such as using the keyboard as keyboard arrows.