Thread: Toshiba satellite L640 drivers for unknown device ACPI\QCI0701\2&DABBA3FF&1

Toshiba satellite L640 drivers for unknown device ACPI\QCI0701\2&DABBA3FF&1

Hi guys, yesterday I bought my new Toshiba Satellite L640 with part number PSK0JG. It runs Windows 7 Operating System in it. After starting the laptop for first time, I noticed some problems like, some unknown device ACPI\QCI0701\2&DABBA3FF&1 is attached but I am unable to find it and the drivers needed to install it properly. Also the hot-key display is not working. Since yesterday I am trying to resolve the issue but I am unable to get a solution for this. Does anyone know what is causing this problem and what I need to do to solve the problem? Please help.

Re: Toshiba satellite L640 drivers for unknown device ACPI\QCI0701\2&DABBA3FF&1

You can make use of the “Toshiba Utility and Drivers” CD to install all the missing drivers in your laptop. When you purchased your laptop, you must have received the “Toshiba Utility and Drivers” CD along with it. Just insert the CD inside the CD/DVD drive and wait for the drivers to get automatically installed. If that doesn’t happen then you should manually install the utilities and drivers by exploring the CD and executing the wizard. Follow the on-screen instructions and install the drivers in your laptop. Restart your laptop once you have completed the driver installation in your laptop.

It’s unbelievable that you started facing problem within 1 day of purchasing your Toshiba laptop. The hotkey problem might be cause of some missing drivers or some utilities. As you purchased the laptop just 2 days back, I would recommend you to take your laptop to the store from where you bought it and ask the technical staff to fix the problem. Also if that is not helping then you can contact the official Toshiba center and submit your laptop there and get it repaired as soon as possible. As your laptop has got 1 years warranty, you can get it repaired as many times as you want within that 1 year warranty period. The repair will be completely free.

You can fix the hot-key display problem by installing the “Toshiba Value Added Package” and the Toshiba Assist Utility in your laptop. You can either find these files in “Toshiba Utility and Drivers” CD or you can download the following files from Internet. You just have to search for them and you will get many download links for the same. The download file will be in .zip file. So unzip it by using WinZip application software and then install them. It would be better if you install the Toshiba Value Added Package first and then the Toshiba Assist. Reboot your laptop after installing the drivers and the utilities.

The model which you mentioned appears to be from India. So, I would recommend you first visit the official website of Toshiba India and find the required driver for your laptop there. But the Toshiba india website have drivers for only 64-bit Windows 7 OS for your laptop Model, so it would be better if you find which version of Windows 7 OS is installed in your laptop. Is it a 32-bit or 64-bit Windows 7? If you are having 64bit Windows 7 OS in your laptop, then download the Satellite L640 PSK0JG Win7-64bit Drivers from there and install it in your laptop.

I have been searching a lot for Windows 7 32bit drivers for your Toshiba satellite L640. Toshiba USA provides only the 64 bit Windows 7 driver for your laptop. Toshiba Australia and Europe have nothing close to your laptop model version. Toshiba Asia and Toshiba India both provides Toshiba satellite L640 laptops but there official download sites do not mention anything about the version of Windows 7 drivers they provide. Though for a try you can visit the Toshiba Asia Support Download website and check out whether they provide you with your laptops driver or not. And if nothing seems to be working then I would recommend you to uninstall the 32bit Windows 7 and install the 64 bit Windows 7 in your laptop.